Chicane - Offshore (Anthony Pappa Bootleg Mix)

bigsteve

From the above comments, you guys are aware the bootleg mix is just the Offshore '97 with Power Circle aren't you? I've got the UK CD single of it, but it only contains the edited radio mix and not the full 12" mix (annoyingly!)

Thinking about it, Extravaganza have made quite a few errors when it comes to releasing remixes; Tiesto's Power mix of Destination Sunshine, Armin's mix of L'Esperanza...

http://www.discogs.com/release/62638

I'm not 100% sure, but track 13 and 14 of this album might be where the bootleg mix originated. The album was released a full year before the official Chicane release. I certainly heard it through my mates copy of this album before Pete Tong started playing it on the radio and in his sets.

Hell, this album nearly predates the original Offshore release! EDIT: it actually does.

Thanks very much everyboby for your comments and particularly Simon for sharing it with me. However, it might be an idea to remove the link before the mods do it for you :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure its the Vocal mix of Anthony Pappa's that is the one that is required. Thanks again, this board never fails to impress.

Cheers, Jason. Funnily enough, I was asked to find the 'Andy Smith bootleg' which got me dead puzzled. After a bit of searching on Discogs, it was pretty obvious that it was the Anthony Pappa bootleg :wall: I won't mention what sex the requestee was :rolleyes:

From the above comments, you guys are aware the bootleg mix is just the Offshore '97 with Power Circle aren't you? I've got the UK CD single of it, but it only contains the edited radio mix and not the full 12" mix (annoyingly!)

Thinking about it, Extravaganza have made quite a few errors when it comes to releasing remixes; Tiesto's Power mix of Destination Sunshine, Armin's mix of L'Esperanza...

I wasn't aware it was just a mish-mash of the two. Sounds interesting though.

Why wasn't Armin's mix of L'esperanza released properly? I know audiojelly have it now, but it never got a nice vinyl release did it?

Archived