93. Solarstone

94. Astral Projection

95. Leon Bolier

96. Nic Fanciulli

97. Ronski Speed

98. Tocadisco

99. Booka Shade

100. Alex M.O.R.P.H. & Woody van Eyden

Slightly disappointing, who is Tiddy btw?

Aww poor Jules, I think he's better than PvD and he's certainly a nicer person than Buuren and Tiesto.

Nevermind, that's coz his show was on at a rubbish time I say, and because it's quite hard to dance properly to White stripes in a club.

Might've been the pasta sauce too.

most of that list I disagree with.

Durand should be higher than that.

The fact that Oakenfold is still in the top 100 beggars belief, also Deadmau5 has got there solely on production value not DJing.

I really have so little interest in the poll anymore that I can't say I'm too bothered

Slightly disappointing, who is Tiddy btw?

Aww poor Jules, I think he's better than PvD and he's certainly a nicer person than Buuren and Tiesto.

Nevermind, that's coz his show was on at a rubbish time I say, and because it's quite hard to dance properly to White stripes in a club.

Might've been the pasta sauce too.

most of that list I disagree with.

Durand should be higher than that.

PVD is better than Jules. I would class PVD to be an innovator

The fact that Oakenfold is still in the top 100 beggars belief, also Deadmau5 has got there solely on production value not DJing.

I really have so little interest in the poll anymore that I can't say I'm too bothered

Absolutely 100% spot on!

The only good thing about this poll is that Markus Schulz is at number 8. He thoroughly deserves it because he's consistent, down to earth, doesn't take himself to seriously, and his sets always sound fresh.

It also baffles me that someone with Eddie's talent sits at number 19, whilst someone who slaps mixes in on a laptop with no imagination sits at number 3.

And how did Blandy Moor get to number 18? :o

And how did Blandy Moor get to number 18? :o

He's probably not your thing mate but whenever I have seen Andy play he's been right up there with anyone else I've had the pleasure to watch play, what makes him appeal on my level is the amount of fresh tunage he plays, always hear loads of unsigned stuff & personal edits in his sets

He's probably not your thing mate but whenever I have seen Andy play he's been right up there with anyone else I've had the pleasure to watch play, what makes him appeal on my level is the amount of fresh tunage he plays, always hear loads of unsigned stuff & personal edits in his sets

Yeah, I can't really give an honest opinion to be fair, I've only seen him one and I didn't think he was anything special.

I thought that the first time I saw Markus Schulz though - and ever since then, he's always impressed me, so I should learn not to judge DJ's after one appearance.

PVD is better than Jules. I would class PVD to be an innovator

I don't. I find hima bit boring now, I used to like him as much as Jules many moons ago but after seeing him play out a number of times I got sick of the same old set. To be fair I aint seen him recently but his tunes aren't going anywhere atm. Altho, jules' tunes were a bit samey at one point I do like where they're going atm.

Dont get me wrong PvD done good sets, but they were ALL the same to me.

AND I SAID ALL THAT WITHOUT SWEARING TOO!

BTW I couldn't see Dave Pearce on that list? Is he there?

I don't. I find hima bit boring now, I used to like him as much as Jules many moons ago but after seeing him play out a number of times I got sick of the same old set. To be fair I aint seen him recently but his tunes aren't going anywhere atm. Altho, jules' tunes were a bit samey at one point I do like where they're going atm.

Dont get me wrong PvD done good sets, but they were ALL the same to me.

AND I SAID ALL THAT WITHOUT SWEARING TOO!

BTW I couldn't see Dave Pearce on that list? Is he there?

PVD has better live dj skills than Jules in my opinion but jules is a better radio dj.

Well done on not swearing...

J's musical style over the past year has been too confused and the number of bootlegs played simply hasn't particularly impressed upon people. Production wise, he needed to have more big tracks which stood out amongst everything else.

Simon, they've all been red hot on the production front especially in non European territories which has helped an awful lot because they've also had DJ presence in these countries too. It bodes well for trance music I think.

shocked yet again that Infected Mushroom are in the Top 10, yet there's no sign of John 00 Fleming!

Ferry Corsten should have placed higher IMO. He's been better than Armin for over a year now. As for PvD, I've never really rated him as a DJ, even back in the 98-99 years.

The Judge scored low, but like has already been said, losing his Saturday evening warm up slot probably made people think he'd just disappeared off the radio altogether.

Yet again, another year, another poll, another farce.

I'd have thought there would be more of the 'indie-electro' type DJ's in the list this year.

I was going to say it but you beat me to it. This list is a load of crap. 2 Many DJ's, Justice? A-Trak...where are these guys surely they are more cutting edge than PVD or Tiesto? For music thats supposedly moving forward, the Top 100 DJ poll has remained pretty stagnant the last 4-5 years.

This is why i'm getting more and more back into rock, and to be honest, am not really that bothered about lists like these anymore.

Archived