Domino Day 2008

Spin Doctor

I was visiting my nan while this was on, it certainly took the edge off of the uncomfortable silences.

:lol::lol: Nothing beats an uncomfortable silence with your nan.

Don't get me started with BT. Thankfully my new house is on Virgin cable. The BT Home Hub in my last flat was close to being thrown out of the window on many occasion. Such annoying customer service.

That's amazing though how they do some of those things. Must be soul destroying though to watch hours of patience stacking them all up go to pot as they fall over!

Oh dude the nightmares I had with this thing in the final stages of it's life drove me to tears. I must have spent hours on the phone to unlucky sods in India that had to soak up my anger and annoyance. The highlight of the whole situation was when the call centre operator told me she'd have to ring back as they were having problems with their phone! I was like "How ironic! So am I!". Needless to say she didn't get my sarcastic English humour!

My speed has dropped from 3M to 100k in a week and they say its my PC! I know the problem is in the box in the street, where it was last year. The box doesn't seal properly, so the cables corrode in the rubbish weather, Try telling that to some call centre in India. I'm stuck in the same procedure I was 12 months ago and it will take a month to sort it out. And what will I get? A month's free broadband for all the hassle. Useless

I have a great southern accent and my phone voice is clear and posh and they don't understand me so I wouldn't worry about it. I spent ages saying "B" with him saying "P"

"NO B!!"

"P"

"NO IT'S A f***ING B FOR BRAVO"

"Sorry P for what?"

"B"

"Yes I said P"

Phone down!! Walk away whilst pulling hair out!! "Aaaargh!"

I have a great southern accent and my phone voice is clear and posh and they don't understand me so I wouldn't worry about it. I spent ages saying "B" with him saying "P"

"NO B!!"

"P"

"NO IT'S A f***ING B FOR BRAVO"

"Sorry P for what?"

"B"

"Yes I said P"

Phone down!! Walk away whilst pulling hair out!! "Aaaargh!"

Complete opposite from your online persona then... :lol:

tbf to BT (India branch) they called last night and said they have reset the line (?) and today I now have a 2.5M connection. Over an hour wasted yesterday ws worthwhile.

Last week the speed dropped again, and after a weekend spent on the phone to India, they have finally agreed to send an engineer out. I must have spent 12 hours on the phone to them in the last fortnight, and now have to book a day off work to let the engineer in. I have sent a letter of complaint to them, but I'm guessing that was a waste of a stamp as well. :wall:

Finally this month it seems BT have got my bill right and credited me with what they owe me, at last.

They say you're tied in to these contracts for a year or 18 months but it's them that break the conditions, surely I can cancel if they fail to keep to their side of the bargain!? :huh:

Keep on complaining Steve, in writing and keep copies, just for the principle of it all.

The BT guy this morning and carried out various tests and he was getting variable readings. We did an elimination process and it seems its a combination and the phone lead extension to the PC (which he advised me to change to a data lead extension) and a dodgy Sky+ box. I will get those things changed, but at the moment I'm getting a 3MB connection, without changing those things. I bet in a few days it will drop to 100kbps again. Very frustrating.

Archived