My New Job

Number2Fan

It's a carcophony of tunage in the shop with all the demos playing, the Games console working the v tech ads playing the theme tune to peppa pig, Noddy, Fifi and doctor who. Tranformers talking, hannah montana singing and the 12 foot cast of high school musical GRINNING at me all day.

Rating them on which one I should punch in the face first! :P

Oh yeah and the regular CD of local radio style pop tunes playing over and over and over...

Yeah mate - you're right there and you've touched on a philosphical point that resonated with me from The Office: Christmas Special: Part 2 (2003).

Martin Freeman - who plays Tim Canterbury says:

"The people you work with are people you were just throw together with. You know, you don't know them, it wasn't your choice, and yet you spend more time with them then you do your friends or your family. But probably all you've got in common is the fact that you walk around on the same bit of carpet for 8 hours a day."

This is also a great page: click here :)

God thats worrying. The only quote i remember from the office is Gareths "Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?, Well you haven't seen everything then have you?".

But, yeah, it's true. Work is odd.

I've had a number of shop jobs over the years when I was a student, but WH Smith was my favourite - met somoe great friends there. And the pressure is lower than in an office job, but I like variety and a bit of stress. Makes the day go quicker!

I'm lucky to be on a grad scheme with Which? that means I move around the organisation every 6 months. I'm now on my 3rd placement and currently working in New Product Development, which is really cool. I keep joking I can be "bought" for a salary much higher than what I am on now so I don't have to do placements anymore!

That Office quote from is very true, you are kind of thrown together... and nothing makes this more apparent than what people get up to at Christmas parties! We had ours on Friday night and people were wrecked - mostly all getting on with each other, but then the tensions (sexual and otherwise) start creeping through, it's brilliant to watch!

Archived