Schiller - Das Glockenspiel (Simon Ross and Rob Corbo Remixes)

simonross46

Which remix version do you prefer?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The second release in our line of collaborations with producer Rob Corbo is a remix of the well known (and loved) trance classic, Schiller - Das Glockenspiel.

Below you can download the final product of our efforts, but here you can also download another version which was made alongside the remix known as the 'Simon Ross Vision'. This is purely because I fell in love with what we had half way through the project, but Rob felt it needed more ... so to solve the issue we have both on offer letting you decide :lol:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schiller - Das Glockenspiel (Simon Ross and Rob Corbo Remix) (Final Remix):

http://www.4shared.com/file/73440776/a7ab5...x_128kbps_.html

Schiller - Das Glockenspiel (Simon Ross and Rob Corbo Remix) (Simon Ross Vision):

http://www.4shared.com/file/73441552/29c84...n_128kbps_.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and Rob hope you enjoy what we have done, and hopefully one of these remixes will be playing through your radio shortly. I personally think you guys will love what has been made as the final remix, but you will have to vote which you like best B)

Simon (and Rob)

Edited by simonross46

I decided to have a listen, and neither version are really that good, exception for the drums and percussion, the bassline just doesnt fit and everything seems very week.

The structure of each remix is there its just the synth lines and bassline instruments are week/could do with being changed or messed about with, the whole thing has along way to go.

I'm Glad this track has escaped the whole every couple of years big label pointless reshashes ala cafe del mar and co simply as the Humate remix is unbeatable

I've had a quick listen and found them both irritating with the looping effects going on. Sorry Simon & Rob, but its a case of another classic thats been meddled with for no reason. However, I firmly belong in the 'old guard' and you may find a younger audience appreciate it a lot more than I do. Its hard to appreciate a remix of classic tune if you've heard it in its original form for so long.

I guess it has been a mistake then ... I don't want to share my November mix on here now because I put it on the end. Things like this put me off the whole thing if I'm honest, but making bootlegs is far too easy, and this is stupidly hard :rolleyes:

"Things like that" should make you even more eager to create new fresh material. Not deter you from making music!! You should try and disguise the perc samples you use a bit better too. I recognise some of them so try adding a few effects to them to make them less recognisable. Think both versions need quite a bit of work but what you have created so far is good. We all have to start somewhere..

Well I dunno which order they are in on here but when I played them I preferred the one where Rob had added a bit extra!

Now personally Das glockenspiel I think shoulda been left alone, it's a delicate tune, but you've done an ok job of it, and if I had heard it out mid set, I'd have had that up to date tunage tinged with a touch of nostalgia which I quite like. However I think that those days are on the way out and some major new Brilliant listening is on the way, so remixing classix is old hat now.

For while they were necessary as the new tunes weren't quite cutting it, but I reckon 2009 will prove there is much much more out there now and we don't need to look back!

Basically.........Making new tunes-keep at it!!! Practise makes perfect, remixing can wait!

Yeah well I get so far and then I need it to do more (on my own tunes I mean) I wanna get a keyboard, it'll be easier i think although now I think I've got the basics needed but not enough creativity to make something new.

When I hear a tune like I heart you etc I realise just how amazing some people are at making tunes and how I'm not.

I think everyone has got ONE amazing tune in them tho, so keep going!

I think some people have taken the fact that its a remix of a classic way too seriously in this thread - and it looks like its disheartened Simon a bit.

I've never wanted to produce for one reason - I haven't got the imagination to produce a tune. I could learn HOW to produce, but you can't learn how to think of a tune - that comes down to having a creative mind.

When learning production, remixing a tune that already exists makes life a lot easier - it allows you to focus simply on learning to produce, without the burden of also creating a new tune from scratch.

So let the lad learn with some older tunes and give his some useful feedback guys - when he's got some production experience behind him, i'm sure he'll gladly knock out some of his own work then. Everyone has to start somewhere - and I think Simon has gone down the right route if i'm honest.

Very fair words Briggsy. It was quite a blow receiving the negative reactions, but I think most people have been expecting great things after the success of the bootlegs. I am rather disappointed in myself that I haven't quite met everyone's expectations so far, but hopefully things will pick up again to how they were.

Sorry mate, none of these does it for me... the Final Remix is a bit too flat in the bassline, and the buzzing sound is just annoying. The looping effect is also used too much.. imho.

I really wish I could give some more constructive critisism, but i'm not producing myself, sorry :(

The 'Humate Remix' will always be the one for me... it still gives me goosebumps to think how it sounds on Tiesto's 'Magik 7' compilation live from L.A.

Easily Tiesto's best live mix... for me.

Sounding promising I think. It's kind of hard to comment because it's not the kind of trance i'm really into but from a pure production point of view all I can really say is that the sound feels a bit flat & there's a lack of dance inducing energy. These are of course things that come with practice. I definitely agree with Briggsy about remixing tracks. I learned FL studio by remixing tracks & attempting to copy certain elements to learn how different sounds could be made & tweaked. I moved on to layering stuff together & working with peak controllers & compression & parametric EQ's to learn how to fit different elements together nicely without different frequencies clashing & drowning each other out. Music production is a steep learning curve & keeping the energy high whilst ensuring everything sits together nicely is incredibly hard to do. Keep up with the producing Simon because i'm sure that soon you'll churn out an absolute belter. I like the whole colaboration kinda thing because it lets 2 producers blend together their styles to produce something truly amazing. I quite fancy a go at a colaboration myself to be honest lol (any FL studio producers on here that fancy teaming up with me to have a crack at a future classic?).

Karl G mad his name using floops making all his bootlegs so it shows what can be done, I have had floops and if you experiment enough you can get some wicked sounds out of it, whatever software you use just mess about a hell of a lot and youll get there in the end, keep going Sion! to be this good takes tyo quote sega...ages or maybe not :LOl

I thin I shall carry on with it all, I will be doing a University course which is mostly about producing anyway so cant exactly quit now haha. I just dread the thought of making loads of tunes that people aren't happy with cos it slowly crumbles away the reputation I once had :lol:

You don't have to ask our opinions about each one along the way, just keep doing them and practising just like your mixing!