Heaphones

Aza

Gonna get a new pair of headphones with my cdj's.

What would you say are industry standard or the best to go for?

I've knocked it down to the Sony vr 700's or Sennheiser hd25. Bit of a price difference like, but my mixing it taken seriously, thus worth the investment.

Yeah, I've used both. The Senn's are better for gigging with but as a general all purpose headphone, they're not very good. I like the weight of the Senn's when in DJ mode a lot, but, for overall general purpose including DJing, the Sony's are better.

itsa very personal choice really, i use the senns after extensive testing of a range of headphones inc sonys. its really down to how much u want to feel the headphones, for me i found the sonys to bulky and heavyweight hence i went for hd25. Although the hd25sp are not a bad alternitive, a little quieter than its brother but a very good headphone. i guess thats all i can really say on the matter

The sony vr700's are way too big in my opinion. Its like having burger-buns on your head. I had a pair of the vr500's but they're w*** at high volume and were a bit easy to break. Still havent got a new pair :? although I promise i'll buy some this month. The stand in pair im using are ok for bedroom use but I feel you'd be laughed at in public :oops: .

ive got the 500's - and have unfortunately develpped a small crack in the hinged bit, oh dear.

I think they ok tho, nice and comfy, pretty smallish ones, 700's are deffo too big

'burger buns' lol!

Archived