Fifa 2006 or Pro Evo 5

Aza

Fifa 2006 gets released at the end of the week, and does look very promising and very much improved.

Recently got the overall impression that the pro evo releases win hands down, but this release of fifa sees an improvement.

Pro Evo 5, has got the new ronaldinho trick (where he flicks the ball in and out with his foot) and loads other new stuff aswell as proper teams and names this time (i think). This is released end of next month...

Any of you guys gonna purchase one, if so what would you go for?

Have to agree with Aza though, if you have a quality footy game there's nothing better esep with a few mates to rival your adopted teams :D

Played Fifa all the time until I got my hands on Pro Evo 4, and I've never looked back, miles better and very realistic. Just don't select the ref as Kazuti Ito cos he dishes out the cards as if it's Christmas.

Haha! My brother just bought FIFA 2006 and he was showing me you can play a retro version of the first ever FIFA. FIFA international soccer it was called and was released in about 93/94. I remember having it for the SNES. It wasn't even the real players as well, it was just made up names like Jock McCall or Berti Walker. At the time, it was ahead of its time but now you have to have a laugh when you see it compared to todays FIFA games.

Also just remembered 'Striker' for the SNES. Used to play that all the time!

They were well funny, there was one footie game on the Sega Megadrive I remember playing at a mates house, when you were booked the ref would run to you but you could just lead him all around the pitch chasing you, and when you scored a goal this picture would just be displayed of Maldini or somone pointing to the crowd, and the score underneath. so simple, so brilliant :D

Archived