Jules will play...?

Number2Fan

Place your bets here,

Sorry I thought the topic worthy of it's own thread,

I'm going for a bootleg of Auld Lang Syne and Love Stimulation atm

Anyone else! I oughta point out Tom Bailey gave me the suggestion that it would be one of his home made Bootlegs!

I'm not so sure of that but if it is, that's what I'm going for.

Someone asked me what I'd play at midnight on NYE & to be honest it's a very hard thing to get right

Yeah it's all too easy to just bosh an anthem out. i think the DJ's that stick their neck out and play something a little less mainstream but ideally suited for the occasion deserve the credit. Doesn't take a genius to play Rank 1 - Airwave does it?

It doesn't have to be an anthem - personally, I think an old classic that is less obvious and doesn't get heard much these days would be more suited. Something like Papua New Guinea - Future Sound Of London for example.

John O'Callaghan played Cafe Del Mar at Gods last year at midnight - and although its a great tune and worked well, it was a bit safe and obvious.

Etymology

From the carrying of bottles of smuggled spirit in the legs of boots

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bootleg

Thankyou Fuzzy! I should have known that, I coulda looked it up but I feel like crap and can't be bothered to do too much atm! :D Now I know, makes it even cooler!

Someone where I used to club, where Vivien Markey was resident, and JJ played I think it was 1996 played Dexy's midnight runners at 12, it was so horrendously terrible, the tunes had been awesome until then, it became a medley of s*** at that point and clubbers were screaming abuse at the DJ it was really awful.

No doubt he hadn't planned for it to go like that, I will never know why he played that tune.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived