2008 Highlights?

Max Kane

I think 2008 has been a pretty crap year really and one I want to put behind me. We had a crap summer too, and the news has been doom and gloom for the last 6 months. Musically, for my style, I think 2008 has been the worst since I started DJ'ing too. I've found myself playing tunes a lot longer than I normally would, or digging out more older classics because there's been very little new stuff around. 2008 seems to have been the year for Prog and floaty uplifting Trance. The only positive for me is that my mixing has been pretty solid this year - and I feel my DJ'ing has been the best its been since 2002, which was a really good year for me where every mix I did seemed to be really good.

So, hopefully 2009 will be a better year. We'll have a blazing hot summer, My style of Tech-Trance will be released by the truck load again, and i'll be a fully qualified PC technician by February - so hopefully a new job too. For me, 2009 is all about my DJ'ing and promoting myself more.

I too think 2008 has been rather dull, but I have had my moments:

I turned 18 in October, passed my driving test in December. They are special for me. Musically I broke on to national radio in April/May on Galaxy FM and of course there have been the numerous Radio 1 appearances and other shows too. Looking back at these makes me really proud, so I do look forward to next year and what it has to offer.

2009 will be a bloody good one, once we snip these booties/mash up off a bit!

Personally I have loved some of this years tunes and some of those oldies but goodies coming along!

I know we're in for some good stuff next year though!

As for in my calendar, I gave up smoking in February and since then have had a touch more money so I got SKY+ and tumble dryer and went online again after about 5 yrs of having no phone line nor money to get one.

I'm good I'm back in my message board place. Also watching what I want when I want and not having to stand in my garden at this time of night in the f***ing freezing cold to smoke a fag!

New years resolution for 2009 is to remember to take my carrier bags to the supermarket every week, get rid of my spots that seem to have got bad since I stopped smoking and............maybe even stop swearing so much!

Personally I've loved 2008. As Briggsy commented the style that I've been pushing for the last 3 years or so has become more 'vogue' which has led to my music becomming much more popular. In some ways this is a pain as a lot more trance DJs seem to try & get in on the act but generally its meant high quality music & some great bookings for me.

My highlight DJ wise is definately playing for PaSSion in October, something that I hope to top in 2009 (fingers crossed) ;)

Outside of music I finally graduated this year after a few years of hard study so I was very pleased to get my English Degree. The only downside being that I'm after a better job & being a job seeker in this period of financial doom is not much fun.

Very much looking forward to 2009 :D

For me this year has been about getting settled into our new house and decorating it. We still have a long way to go but its taking shape nicely. I suppose the biggest highlight this year was NOT moving house, as its been difficult since we left Leeds in not being settled anywhere permanent. Here's to 2009 and getting the house how we want it (repossession excepted lol)

Jacki Degg was gorgeous. I was gutted when she retired :( The finest pair of boobs ever to grace the UK too.

Ohh god i forget my favourite...i think it was "Ruth 24 from Lancashire" or something like that. All i remember is she was blonde, cracking pair of boobs and had a very nice behind...

Archived