NYE MIDNIGHT

Number2Fan

I'm thinking worse but I inagine it went down well, popular tune of the year, bearing in mind it was in Dubai it's gotta be a slightly more mainstreamer tune. Plus if you get the BONGS then the saxophone then the kick off of the tune, it was prob good. I did like that tune, it reminds me of it's original time. Hopefully it wasn't that cack vocal edit! lol

He did play DJ sakin and friends in one of his BEST years so............

It was Jules, and I'm glad I didn't miss it being Arnej, I would have been jealous if it had been that.

The Original re-release that came out about 5 months ago featured a remix from Jerome Isma-ae too, they didn't really expect it to blow up commercially but the clubland lot got hold of it & tacked on that awful vocal et voila commercial hit is born

I noticed it on Beatport when it was in their sales chart originally, I had a listen to the mixes and none of them were/area patch on the originally released versions, I still reckon the sane and mad mixes s*** all over these new remixes although the Calvertron Mix is pretty good, I bought that one!

I used to play it and dance to it in my bedroom when I was about 14! ALOT!!

then I bought some trousers like his, then when I heard Jules playing it in the Autumn it brought back some fond memories with a slightly more up to date feel.

Then while I was watching a MASSIVE firework display in November I was raving to it, just to embarrass my daughter. It worked.

Now I keep hearing that s***e vocal edit at work and stuff, and I hate that! It's really very bad.

You know what he should have played FRANK TRAXX - Nebuchan!!! ;)

I used to play it and dance to it in my bedroom when I was about 14! ALOT!!

then I bought some trousers like his, then when I heard Jules playing it in the Autumn it brought back some fond memories with a slightly more up to date feel.

Then while I was watching a MASSIVE firework display in November I was raving to it, just to embarrass my daughter. It worked.

Now I keep hearing that s***e vocal edit at work and stuff, and I hate that! It's really very bad.

You know what he should have played FRANK TRAXX - Nebuchan!!! ;)

That is a right CHOOON!!! Still play that now an then :D :D

Organ mix, the big trance hit that never was, well not sales wise anyhows, the sleves got a sticker on it with praises sung by Mixmag (Five dancing men!) pete tong jules even dave pearce!, Neo even added a pointless vocal to it on re-release but it still didnt sell as much as Eddie wouldve wanted.

Epic as fook tune though and equaly as stonking Three Drives remix :)

Edited by JasonB

I was raving to it, just to embarrass my daughter. It worked.

Is she embaress that you like dance music and know all the originals of all these new remixes and cover versions coming out of dance tunes?

I'd find it quite cool, but thats just me ha ha

Edited by JasonB

Guru Josh - "Infinity" (instrumental) is the tune that reminds me of my holiday in Ibiza 2008, what a tune....

l would hear it being played every night as l walked along from my hotel (Ses Savinas) on my way to Bar "M", a good start to the night ahead.

I would love to have been there in Dubai @ midnight to have heard this being played, l would have cried :redface: as the tune would have reminded me of a great holiday.

Edited by Chrissie Brown

I would have cried if Nebuchan had come on, I love the first key change in there, I was playing it today, woah it's so good LOUD!

I don't think infinity would have made me cry but I would have (dunno how to say it without sounding like saddo but) danced my arse off anyway!

• 3 weeks later...

Having read his diary report where he documents his NY eve gig I can see why he chose it (due to it being in the Judge's opinion 'the biggest track from the second half of 2008') but I'd still have been dissapointed with it, if I had the means I'd definately want to make an edit or new remix of an older tune, think that would work well

Having read his diary report where he documents his NY eve gig I can see why he chose it (due to it being in the Judge's opinion 'the biggest track from the second half of 2008') but I'd still have been dissapointed with it, if I had the means I'd definately want to make an edit or new remix of an older tune, think that would work well

true but i bet it still went off bigtime.......it would be like heqring born slippy on 12.00