c**ky kids these days ...

simonross46

Well today I had a rather interesting event take place in my life.

It all began yesterday as I walked into school after going to Sainsbury's for some lunch. I young Year 9 student and his mates were walking past me and this one lad in particular decided to throw the crusts of his sandwich at me. I carried on walking making nothing of it, just thinking 'there are always kids out there like it'.

Today I stumbled across this lad again, and this time he came up to me (which is stupid since I am about 5 years older than him, 6ft tall, and built like a house, and he was about 5ft and chubby). With his mates again, he comes right up close asking for a 'bit of gay bum fun' ... his mates started to find this a bit too funny for my liking ... so he deserved to be taught a lesson - in the real world this sort of thing would have got him stabbed. I pushed this lad away infront of me, and one clean swing of my foot into his crotch got him on the floor. The part that makes me feel bad though is that I was wearing steel toe capped boots, and because of this he was bright red, curled up, and in tears.

He f***cking deserved it in the end. Part of me isn't proud, but c**ky kids are always about and especially in schools they can scare other children ... so I'm glad I finally did something for a change.

I'm not a nasty person, so it came as quite a suprise to me :lol: and it's not like I go round doing such things everyday (probably the first time ever since I started school), and admittedly he bothered me yesterday and I let him off ... so I'm not in the wrong.

For a Year 9 to start on a Year 13 though (???) - the ultimate of c**ky.

Yeah it was a bit harsh of me, but like Charlie says, they can't really just walk away from doing stupid things. Schools are far too soft now I think, and this shows on the streets in the way that adults are becoming fearful of kids which isn't right at all. I certainly get worried at times when I am walking anywhere on my own.

The problem these days is that kids can get away with anything. Parents aren't allowed to smack their kids any more, so there's no punishment for them and they get worse. Then when they get a bit older and get into trouble, they cna't go to prison because they're too young.

When my dad used to belt me one, I bloody knew about it - and it never done me any harm. Parents should be able to give the kids a clip round the ear I say. If the kids can't take the punishment, they shouldn't get into trouble to start with.

I'm sorry Simon but the only bit of that I didn't burst out laughing at was the bit where you said you were six foot tall!!

I kinda think "NICE ONE"

Unfortunately I have to walk past groups of kids like this all the time, when I have my small children with me it bothers me, because I feel alot more vulnerable and of course protective, I came out the local shop one day where a group were sitting and shouting at me, one LAD said " oi you do wanna slap? " to make his bum chums laugh so I turned round and said "Yeah alrght then COME ON!!! " They actually all started looking at their feet and pretending no one said it. I am not a big person and not really scary at all.

I do find these groups intimidating like I say especially when I have a pushchair or something with me.

However on my own I would attempt to kick someones head in if they started on me!

Well done Simon, if only more of us could put people in their places!!!

I used to wish I had a gun, but luckily I didn't!! lolol

The problem these days is that kids can get away with anything. Parents aren't allowed to smack their kids any more, so there's no punishment for them and they get worse. Then when they get a bit older and get into trouble, they cna't go to prison because they're too young.

When my dad used to belt me one, I bloody knew about it - and it never done me any harm. Parents should be able to give the kids a clip round the ear I say. If the kids can't take the punishment, they shouldn't get into trouble to start with.

Well said Briggsy and well done to simon for sticking up for himself.

I agree with Briggsy about some of that, the discipline thing though goes way beyond whether or not we can smack our children. I've heard some children coming out of school, ages about 5,6 ,7 and say to their mums, I have to do my homework tonight or the teacher says there will be trouble. What I think a teacher SHOULD actually say.

The mum has then said " well I'm gonna go and see that teacher then and tell them they can't tell you what to do!!! :o

What kind of respect is that child gonna have for authority then, and actually these are often mums you think would do a good job and mums that care.

Parents regularly go into the school and threaten the teachers, (with violence), some are even banned from school grounds and have to stand at the gate and get other people to take their kids in. These teachers who are trying to give their children a something better to go on to, can't do anything. Teachers and Parents should be standing together, surely we all know whats really wrong and right and respectful!

Alot of parents round here give their kids money to go and sit outside the shop all night buying s*** to eat and drink as long as they stay out their parents way they couldn't give a f*** where they are or what they are doing. They couldn't give a f*** whether or not they can or cannot smack their children, the only reason they have HAD children is because they'll get more benefit money, a bigger house, and coz they're too thick and useless to use any kind of contraception!

Bringing the children up, they like to leave to someone else to worry about!

In the summer I had a group of boys setting fire to my paper recycling bin every night! I kept trying to catch them the gits, I had to call the fire brigade over and over which made me feel bad (btw I live next to the main paper recycle point atm due to some building works) anyway, when i reported them and told them exactly who it was, they took the recycle point away.

No one even went to see the kids about it.

The boys have since set fire to a row of garages one was full of newspaper, a boat on the lake, and a derelict picturehouse.

It may have seemed small fry with my paper bin, but when will it end, when they actually kill someone as a result of fire???

I dunno, we've all done some silly and naughty stuff as kids, but now it seems to be acceptable!!!

Am I waffling, yeah I am, sorry!

I used to wish I had a gun, but luckily I didn't!! lolol

You know, I have seriously considered carrying a knife on me but it's just a game I wouldn't to be dragged in to. Imagine pulling out a knife (or gun) to scare these kids, but then they do exactly the same back ... then you are stood in the sh!t. Kids need to be punished when they are young so they respect those around them, and especially those who are older. I used to get punished regularly when I was really little, which is why (now I have grown up) this was the first time I had to use violence in public.

Had to be done unfortunately.

When my son was in his first year at Secondary school he was constantly causing trouble in the classroom so l was often sent for to speak with his teachers which was really embarrassing. The teachers were unable to discipline him but we worked together in order to improve his behaviour in school. My son was well aware of his "rights" and so if he misbehaved at school he was punished at home. As he got older smacking didn't work so he was stopped from going out to play football or stopped from going camping and from doing all the things that he enjoyed doing out of school. That really hurt him so it wasn't too long before he got the message that he couldn't get away with being badly behaved at school and talking to the teachers in a disrespective way. You really have to follow it through and not give in.

I know when I have kids of my own I will find it stupidly hard to discipline them. I won't want to see them unhappy, but in the end it does have to be done. Hopefully little Simon Ross Junior will be a charming young fellow who causes no trouble at all :thumbsup:

I know when I have kids of my own I will find it stupidly hard to discipline them.

The guy you toe-punted in the balls might not be having children though! Steel-capped boots as well - must have hurt!

:whistling: However, I do detest the chavs who hang around door entrances and mouth off to you as you walk past.

There are times when I feel like I won't be having kids, and I'm not even in tears ... so chances are its likely this lad won't be having any kids! We shouldn't be feeling intimidated by such people, which is what annoys me. Although I stood up for myself, I feel I acted on behalf of the nation.

I saw this lad the next day, all of his friends look pretty scared of me now, but the lad I kicked was just looking at me with a smile as if to say 'I p***ed you off, and as a result you kicked my nuts'. After that there was another gobby kid, probably younger, but I don't want this to become a bad habit! :lol:

"With great power comes great responsability" and all that ;)

Which is cool, but what worries me nowadays is the actual parents and the like, if I tell a kid off for being a t**t, his parents are likely to come and petrol bomb my frontroom in retaliation!

Gone are the days where I could just hang out the window and shout "OI YOU, f*** OFF!"

Again had I gone to my parents and said someone had told me to F off for writing on his car in marker pen, my parents would have told me off twice as bad. Now it doesn't happen, now they're told by their parents to do it again, or their parents say " YOU CAN'T TELL MY KIDS OFF"

Re: telling ya kids off, I don't find it hard, because I do see them as future adults the whole time, it's hard to balance out what you tell them off for, and how naughty something is. For instance do they know it's naughty, have they been told off about if BEFORE (usually a million times) are they just gonna do it in secret if you tell them off too much?

For instance my 2 yr old was pulling the kittens ear the other day when I came in the room, and so quickly I did shout "NO!" and tell her off, and explain why that was naughty and how it hurt the kitten.

Then I catch my 4 yr old doing it 15 mins later, he shut the door first and had heard me tell the other one off, SO that's NAUGHTIER isn't it, he knew that was wrong and still did it, but also tried not to get caught. So how do you stop him doing that again? Or being sly?

Also it's not nice when ALL you seem to do for a week is TELL YA KIDS OFF CONSTANTLY!!!!

Archived