Hmmm question

emy

I have always felt that his radio shows are not as good as they use to be. His friday night slot use to be amazing , he use to bang out all the banging trance and most of the fridays were live. Was hoping now that radio 1 put him back on a friday night he go back to the same setup as before. Sadly for me he hasnt.

Still think hes a legend though

I have always felt that his radio shows are not as good as they use to be. His friday night slot use to be amazing , he use to bang out all the banging trance and most of the fridays were live. Was hoping now that radio 1 put him back on a friday night he go back to the same setup as before. Sadly for me he hasnt.

Still think hes a legend though

I quite liked the fact on a Saturday 5pm he'd play a bit of Basement jaxx and on a Friday night his mix was awesome!!

He is a total hero for me, and he is responsible for THE best nights out I have ever had in my life, he's also responsible for me getting my own decks and never wanting to give up clubbing EVER! There was a period where I wasn't as impressed by the tunes he was playing, at that time I listened to Eddie and Marco V, I still played Jules but it didn't have the same effect on me as before! Then I had a short break from clubbing, coz I was having children, and then they got a bit boring(Eddie and Marco) and I got back into what Jules had on offer, what with always having a special place in my heart for him, I would never write him off!!

I have liked many other DJ's along the way, but he's the only one I've never got bored of!! If I did, I'd just play some of his old mixes and love them all over again!

I have liked many other DJ's along the way, but he's the only one I've never got bored of!! If I did, I'd just play some of his old mixes and love them all over again!

Lady, I couldn't have put it better myself! Glad we have the archives here B)

Fab & Groove on listen again every sunday morning for me, proper characters,

I listen to jules most weeks to hear stuff I notice on the tl's I havent heard elsewhere far as I been concerned hes always been across the board style wise these days with people wantingh straight trance sets n that he does stand out a bit.

Yes!! Someone else who loves Fab and Groove, am listening to it right now (And stayed up and listened to it last night!)

I just love the energy, I DJ drum and bass now, obviously I still like other genres too :P

I've always liked d&B, its only the past few years I've decided to actually buy any, started with High Contrasts High Society Lp then a few of his singles, I download the odd few tracks here and there.

As good as Insilico was, It's A Jazz Thing was even better, quality liquid funk!

I used to listen to one in the jungle back in 97 when I first started listening to Tong aswell!

the only type of DnB i really like is the Hospital Records sound. It needs the disco vibe. That said, i heard that awesome Danny Byrd remix of Liquid "Sweet Harmony" on Annie Macs show the other week. It's really really good.

I used to like a bit of DnB not loads but some, back in 94-5 or something, then it became jungle , forgive me if my dates aren't that accurate. It was just a step on from rave really, or what is now oldskool, was it new skool att? Anyway.........I have a funny video of me dancing to drum n bass funnily enough the video was called caned and unable before Jules used it for his track. Brilliant video, I will track it down.

The only thing DnB is good for is a massive comedown through an insomnia filled speed fuelled night! Stops ya thinking of much else. Hence I don't listen to it anymore!

I have always hated sweet harmony, I liked

Youtube Video ->Original Video

You see things change, people say to me it aint like it was at the raves, No it isn't, it aint like 1999 either, but it aint worse, it aint better it's just different!!

You either went on to DnB or hard house from this, and I much preferred TdV!!! I'm just such a happy person I guess!

Well I don't think I played any jungle before dnb! Maybe I did, you know I can't remember everything from my clubbing experiences. It plays havoc with your memory when you stay up all night every ALOT! I see what you saying now you've said it though! In my life it was this way round.......................:)

Have to agree with you there :thumbsup:

I always listen to Jules's shows because l like the fact that he plays a variety of stuff, admittedly some weeks are better than others but most of the time l like what he plays and like Number 2 fan l can always play some of his old mixes again, which l do. IMO Jules is never boring.

Archived