EFX 1000

Uberduck

Does anyone else have one of these? I've had mine for a few months now and am still getting to grips with how best to apply it. Totally mind blowing if you think of all the combinations etc. of time and beat based effects.

I find the Phase Shifter combined with either the Filter, Flanger or Phaser works pretty well. Love the jog wheel on the time based effects as it gives you such control over the output of the effect.

Have got the feedback loop totally nailed now! :D Wicked trick.

I would absolutely love one of these, it's an amazing bit of kit.

Unfortunately I can't afford one myself at the moment & it's too expensive for anyone else to get for me as well so I'm a bit stuck :(

Guess I will have to save my pennies :rolleyes:

iv looked at getting an efx 500 or efx 1000 , they look mint

Kinda agree with you there Jason, On a mix sounds terrible adding to much effects but in live environment numerous things you can do that sounds bloody amazing! But to master them you do need quite a bit of practice to pull of tricks that Eddie and James zabiela do.

For club use I can see the appeal of these, for home use and home recorded/created mixes, nah waste of time I see it.

Yeah fair enough Jason but the only way your going to get practice of using one without looking like an indiot in front of a dancefloor full of people. I don't use it for mixes as yes, it sounds crap.

It's such fun though. I'll post a video when I get the chance of some of my feedback loops. It's the same trick as Zabelia is doing on all the YouTube video's.

Archived