If this goes through then...

Aza

Man City 'close' to Kaka deal

£100million for a footballer and rumours of around £500,000 PER WEEK!

How fckued up is this!

Robino is a fool and has just gone for the £s...

If you look at the related stories on the right, AC Milan technical director Leonardo has warned new Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari that he has no hope of bringing Kaka to Stamford Bridge.

Now that I guess is only true because Chelsea didn't offer stupendous amounts of cash! Kaka is still under contract, is still happy at the club and then all of a sudden his agent sees what can be in it for him, and thinks, "hang on, yeah, let's see what we can maybe do..."

Man City aint going to win trophies this season, in fact, I think they may even struggle to stay in the Premiership. I can see the logic in maybe Ronaldo going to Madrid - he will be going to a leading Spanish team with the chance of winning more medals!

Man City ain't going to do it!

I'd work for a month, retire, then move abroad.

Buy on a serious note, footballers wages are taking the p***. Its about time something was done to cap it.

I don't think 2 million is retirement money (well dependent on age of course) and the taxman would have his fair share.

I don't think 2 million is retirement money (well dependent on age of course) and the taxman would have his fair share.

The interest alone per month is probably more than we earn in a year. I guess it depends on what people kind of lifestyle people want. I'd be happy with a nice 4 bedroomed house in the country with not a soul for miles. I wouldn't be interested in a whopping great mansion with a huge car outside, etc.

I'd work for a month, retire, then move abroad.

Buy on a serious note, footballers wages are taking the p***. Its about time something was done to cap it.

ive said this for years. It's an absolute disgrace as to how much footballers earn, it really is. On the scale of things, it should be doctors and nurses earning the big bucks, they do a worthwhile job, but Footballers? p***es me off majorly that does.

I'm sorry this may sound hypacritical being a United fan but City's spending power is wrecking the game. Chelsea have proved that 'fantasy' football doesn't work. They're in the s*** now and are reported to be loosing £1m/week. £500k per week is just absolutely stupid. The highest wage so far must be about £160k and that takes the biscuit itself. Kaka gives quite a lot of his wages to the church though as he is very religious so perhaps the vicar's of Manchester are licking their lips!

This spending of City's will wreck football. I'm sorry but they are a poorly organised team that are in the s*** and only the odd result makes them look good. Robinho went there because he'd made such a fuss about joining Chelsea and was angry that he was the bait for Ronaldo's transfer that he had to leave Madrid.

At the end of the day they play football in a council house so they'll never be a big club :P . "They've got the tallest corner flags in the land, they've got the tallest corner flags in the land, they've got the tallest corner flags in the land oh City are a massive club" :lol: .

To be honest, I don't think Kaka will go there anyway, and I don't think Hughes will be in a job for much longer either.

But yeah, Chelsea and Man City are spoiling the game, and i'm sorry to say it, but Man Utd started the trend of over-inflated transfer fee's in England back in the late 90's. Now its coming back to haunt them all because Man Utd are in debt, Chelsea are losing money, and Man City could be the most expensive team in English football history to be relegated.

Arsenal have done things the right way - they won the league without spending huge amounts on players. When they did buy big, they sold a player for a similar amount, if not more - so they've always got their money back. Wenger has been a very clever manager. Chelsea appointment of managers has been quite poor, and the Man City job was too much for Mark Hughes. He's a good manager - but he's one of those managers that works better with lesser-profile managers - like Martin O'Neill and Sam Allardyce.

Martin O'Neill, Sam Allardyce and Arsene Wenger have proven that you don't need to buy big to get success - all you need is 11 players that work hard and want to play football - not just turn up for their money and give a half-arsed performance.

But Wenger is stupid now though. He told the press that Arsenal may not win any silverware for 10 years as he is building a team. That isn't the right thing to say to people who spend their wages and time going to see a team week in, week out hoping to win something.

Yes he has some excellent young players but they are useless without any experience in the team. Selling Flamini and Hleb was one of the stupidest thing's he's done. Granted both of them expressed their will to leave but what is he left with? Kids.

I was reading last week that about 7 different captains this season already (including ones covering for injured/substituted players). That's a bit nuts.

Just think if Kaka gave you one days wages once per year you'd still earn £70,000. I mean c'mon 70 grand for a day's work! That's a fat yearly salaray by anyone's standards.

Man City can sod off, I hope they sign him then go down & then the Sheik sells them so they're f***ed, try paying £70,000 to him per day in the Championship with no oil money

Selling Flamini and Hleb was one of the stupidest thing's he's done. Granted both of them expressed their will to leave but what is he left with? Kids.

If they want to leave, then it makes sense to get rid of them. There's no point holding on to two players that are gonna play half-hearted because they don't want to be there - plus the fans will be on their backs too. Two half-hearted players in a team of eleven is risky business.

Granted both of them expressed their will to leave but what is he left with? Kids.

Kids that are actually doing alright though. They're still in a healthy league position, still looking good for a chanpions league place next year - and higher than Manchester City that have wasted millions. He can't be all that stupid after all.

I have been thinking about this, if footballers earn that much surely they work because they love the job (if you want to call it a job) as if you earn that much I would expect most people get lazy...think oh I am a millionaire I don't need to put much effort in

Still I don't think it is right they get paid so much

How much do successful DJs earn? I suppose when starting out you would DJ for free or little money, but how much if move up the ladder?

I think even though Man Utd started the 'trend', they are also very good at developing in-house players and bringing their youth academy through.

Then again, they still pay stupid money for some players, £30 mill for Berbatov - give me Fernando Torres any day (even as a Man U fan :))

How much do successful DJs earn?

Depends who you are. Oakey and Tiesto were reported as earning up to £10k per set at one point. Mixmag or Ministry once published a list of the earnings of various DJ's. I can't remember what they said though. Wouldn't have a clue how much they earn now.

I have been thinking about this, if footballers earn that much surely they work because they love the job (if you want to call it a job) as if you earn that much I would expect most people get lazy...think oh I am a millionaire I don't need to put much effort in

Still I don't think it is right they get paid so much

How much do successful DJs earn? I suppose when starting out you would DJ for free or little money, but how much if move up the ladder?

The thing is though, footballers sign long contracts which they're tied down to - so they can't just decide to call it a day one day otherwise the clubs can sue them. I vagually remember a scenario years ago where a Nottingham Forest player stopped turning up, so the club sued him.

As for successful DJ's earnings - it depends how greedy their agencies are - some are surprisingly good value for money, others are a blatant rip off. Also, some DJ's (Jules for example) will base their fee on the size of the venue - for example, Jules would probably charge a big brand such as Gatecrasher around £4,000 a set - but he'd charge a smaller event with a 400 capacity venue around £2000 (these are examples - not true fee's by the way). Apparently, Tiesto doesn't even take a fee now - he's rumoured to take 75% of door takings - hence why you'll hardly see him in clubs now. It usually costs around £20 to see PvD at a venue that holds 1000 people - so on that basis, i'd estimate that he's on around £15,000. Every DJ apart from Armin has raped the world number 1 status for every penny. Armin is the only one that hasn't got big headed and will still play at clubs - and you can still see him for around £12 a ticket. Armin is probably earning about £9,000 a set.

In October last year, Adam Sheridan would have cost £600 for a set, Lange is a bargain at £750 and The Thrillseekers is a rip-off at £1500. Richard Durand is £1000 and Dave Pearce charges around £2500. I know those fee's for certain.

Archived