What Software Does Everyone Use To....

Marty Mayes

Oh I have a mini disc player. That's it, I only ever burnt one to CD for the secret Santa thing, I don't really have any other mixes of my own. I just record em and then record over them some time later.

My mixings crap, I do have one really long mix on tape from 2003 I think, was quite amusing to find the other day, but like I say my mixings crap so I don't tend to play them back over and over.

I have Djed a few parties etc which were good att but I wouldn't wanna hear them back and pick up on mistakes I never knew were there, I do have a good Halloween mix but that was easy as it wasn't proper mixing.

I use the record function through Traktor Scratch Pro now. It's really good, you can select when you want to cut the tracks up as you are mixing if you want to. I used to use Audacity though back in the day. Thats a fairly trusty program.

Here is a relevant question for you

I have a new mixer and now have two outputs, one main one record, so I linked up the record output to my laptop, pressed record but it then told me to clip-and the volume was really quiet!!

So I have had to put my splitters onto the main outpu to split that into two and use the cable from that to my laptop

Hey presto...the volume levels are fine

Why is this????

You probably don't, most laptops don't.

The problem with that is mic inputs are extremely low quality and are mono, only meant for voice.

The volume from your main output may seem loud, but I bet the quality is terrible?

I had to buy an external soundcard to record, got this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Sound-Bla...l/dp/B0009AHV8U

Archived