last ever promise this saturday!! :(

Graham_64

it will be massively missed mate, tbh it has never really been the same since it went monthly 2 years ago imo, aside from the odd night, though it is always busy so has nothing to do with the money side of it. possibly mark & richard having different ideas for the night, as i find it weird rich isnt playing sat, apparently hes 'on holiday' which could be true but makes you wonder :s

trance wise in the NE there isnt a hell of a lot tbh mate. a few of my mates started a night 'vuzz' in newcastle last year, i used to play there a canny bit and we had some decent names, riley & durrant, ronski speed, ben lost amongst them, though that ended as we were struggling to pull in the numbers, mainly as promise had the newcastle trance scene wrapped up and people werent interested in anything different.

the sugarshack in boro and goodgreef at tall trees still put on occasional trance nights, nothing to match promise though. think we'll just be doing more roadtrips, unless rich or mark try another trance night in the area.

will be interesting to see what the full story is when it all unfolds though :(

im not sure mate, the rest of the nights have been struggling since shindig left, though theyve now started a student night "£4 in and all drinks £1" night called 'get brained' on friday, and theyve had 1000+ in every week since the students came back. since digital opened the club itself has been struggling, though the student nights theyve started apparently have been rammed.

it was the 1st saturday promise last month with marco v and matt, and was totally packed and a really good night. they also had ferry corsten playing 4/5 hours or something for december, and are co-hosting the main room at the gods event at the arena in nov, so this has came as a massive shock!!

Cheers Graham for this info, I wouldn't have known until too late otherwise...

Finding a good club is like finding a 'proper' record shop - I feel I've missed out on this particular goldmine though.

Promise @ Foundation will be sorely missed.

Finding a good club is like finding a 'proper' record shop - I feel I've missed out on this particular goldmine though.

Promise @ Foundation will be sorely missed.

defo mate nail on head.

saturday should be a good one though, loads of people wanting to be at the last night who used to go when the club was weekly and havent seen in years, should be a mint turn out

theres also a thread on matt hardwicks board asking him to pull a sickie wherever hes meant to be playing and come to play the last set at promise. as it stands its meant to be marcel woods, lol who means as much to promise as i do to............. hed kandi?? :?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm totally gob-smacked by this, and won't make the last event, in fact has it been and gone already?

I suspect it has something to do with Foudation closing, esp after those new flats open opposite it. There'll deffo be more to unfold as time goes on. Really hope 5/11 at the arena still goes ahead.

I used to think of Promise as my home club, as Leeds had nothing to match it at all. At least I'm in Glasgow now where Inside Out is still fluorishing

RIP Promise

Archived