If you could replace the cast of a TV program with other TV stars.....

Briggsy

TV is so dull at the moment - its all reality TV programs, skating/dancing programs, murder dramas or soaps - so if you could liven a program up to make it more appealing by swapping some cast members for other people, who would you change?

I'm picking on Eastenders.

I'd swap Grant and Phil Mitchell for Del Boy and Rodney. The Mitchells are far too dull, so the Trotters would make things more interesting.

I'd swap Billy Mitchell with Frank Spencer. Billy Mitchell is the worst acter ever, and always dropping clangers - so at least Frank Spencer would be funny when he drops his clangers.

Dot Cotton should be replaced with Jeremy Kyle. Dot seems to be the agony Aunt for everyone, but at 142 years old, surely she needs to retire - so Jeremy Kyle would be the ideal replacement.

Big Fat Heather Trott should be replaced with Mr Blobby. OK, so they're both huge, irritating and covered in yellow spots - but at least Mr Blobby is better looking.

Shirley Carter (formerly Shirley Wicks) should be replaced with Worzel Gummidge. They look very similar, but at least Worzel shuts up when you stick a broom handle up his arse and stick him in a field. Shirley doesn't.

Kat Slater should be replaced with the winner of the 3.20 horserace at Chepstow last Saturday. They've both got huge teeth and they've both got big arses - but at least the horse don't speak.

Eastenders is pure rubbish, no idea why anyone would watch it to be honest. These soaps make their way purely off of people who have watched for several years & are addicted. It's almost like 'I can't miss it tonight or I won't know what's going on for another month'

Just watch Sky Sports news instead :lol:

Eastenders is pure rubbish, no idea why anyone would watch it to be honest. These soaps make their way purely off of people who have watched for several years & are addicted. It's almost like 'I can't miss it tonight or I won't know what's going on for another month'

Just watch Sky Sports news instead :lol:

The thing is, the storylines drag on for so long in these soaps, you only need to watch them once a month anyway and still know whats going on. I watched Corry tonight for the first time in about 2 months, and yet the same storyline is still dragging on with Tony and that Maria's husbands murder thing.

Its the same in Eastenders - I believe Arthur Fowler is finally being buried this week.......

Sorry for bending the thread about here ... but how about 'which board members would you use to replace the characters?' - that might be quite tasteful ;)

If not I shall pipe down and admire the thread unfold, who knows ... if this becomes the case it might end up being one of the only clean threads that I have been in haha :lol:

Archived