I'm now a qualified IT technician :-)

Briggsy

Well, after being delayed by two weeks, I finally got to take my final exam tonight - which I passed, so I am now a qualified IT technician.

So, the hunt is on for a new job and career change now. PC building and repairing here I come. Beats being stuck in a s***ty workshop welding, sawing, farting and generally being bored s***less all day doing something I hate with a passion.

My next target is to get my head into Linux and hopefully get another certification based around that.

Congrats Briggsy! Know you have been working hard toward this and this is great news for you - well done!

I will certainly be using your resources now for a few cheeky questions here and there should any query arise!

The next phase of my grad project is likely to working in Bridgend on secondment at Logica's Data Center and will be working on server technologies It is a solution by unisys called uAdapt (or something)!

My mate likes linux hes been faffing about with it for a few years now, he used itfor a media centre on one cp which ihas now been repelaceds really by his ps3 as everything direct x n all that works on ps3, all he'll use old linux pc for now is wel.. I dunno!!

Congrats Briggsy how much you charge per hour? Matt can ask for 30 quidish, hes actually been doping some on the side work for someone at this rate

Congrats Briggsy how much you charge per hour?

I'd not really thought about that to be honest mate. Although i've known my stuff since I was about 14 really, i've only just got my arse in gear to get qualified - so because i've only just qualified and never been employed as an IT technician, that classes me as "inexperienced".

The going rate is anywhere between £25 to £55 an hour. £55 to me seems a bit of a p***take to be honest. I'm happy with £15 an hour + expenses (fuel if travelling for example) - its something I enjoy and i'm not doing it for the money.

Archived