Linux

Briggsy

Has anyone ever used this before? If so, what are your thoughts?

Personally, for a free operating system, I think its superb! Microsoft could learn a thing or two from it aswell. I've just networked my Laptop (which now has a spare hard drive in it for "messing about with" which has Linux and Windows 7 beta on) with my PC - and they've linked together easier than they did when they both had Windows XP on!

If you've never tried it, and you've got some spare hard drive space and know how to dual-boot a PC, then I seriously recommend installing Ubunto Studio. Its a special version of Linux with loads of free studio applications such as music editing software, etc.

Very impressed :D

Tried quite a few distributions as live CDs and installed Ubunto. It was really decent and ran well on my slow computer. Didn't bother making a full change over in the end due to idleness. When I get reound to upgrading this system I'll probably go for a dual boot and see how I take to it on a longer period.

Has anyone ever used this before? If so, what are your thoughts?

Personally, for a free operating system, I think its superb! Microsoft could learn a thing or two from it aswell. I've just networked my Laptop (which now has a spare hard drive in it for "messing about with" which has Linux and Windows 7 beta on) with my PC - and they've linked together easier than they did when they both had Windows XP on!

If you've never tried it, and you've got some spare hard drive space and know how to dual-boot a PC, then I seriously recommend installing Ubunto Studio. Its a special version of Linux with loads of free studio applications such as music editing software, etc.

Very impressed :D

I personally have had nothing but trouble from Linux, at work we sell laptops with windows or Linux for less money but from what I can tell with the returns we had to deal with it was worth paying a little extra for windows, and the linux had trouble connecting to particualr networks??

however FACEBOOK use alot of linux and linux engineers and they seem to be going strong!!

I have never heard of this, but I see no need to use anything other than Windows really

I'm only fiddling with it because i'm into my computers and wat to study a Linux course because it pays well, but its a completely free operating system and there's some bloody good free applications for it too.

Archived