Simon Ross - Frostbite (Original)

Now then, now then ...

This is what I planned to put my orchestral strings into, but in the end I didn't bother and worked with what I had. I started this when the snow storms began, which is why I have called it "Frostbite".

It is the bass and kick which I am most proud of, but there is still my usual percussion in this too (almost tribal like again!) :lol: - do have a listen and share your thoughts. I am rather proud of what I have been able to do with this:

http://www.4shared.com/file/85076770/d62b5...Mix___128_.html

Enjoy! :wub:

I agree with Jason - it all sounds really professional and everything works well, but I feel there's nothing going on around the 4 minute mark - ie, a breakdown or a big build-up just to set it off.

Stay with what you've got - but perhaps consider replacing a 2 minute section starting around the 3-and-a-half minute mark with something that makes it stand out, such as a breakdown or something. You've made it quite a dark, moody track though, so stick with that theme if you decide to add a breakdown - don't try to go all fairy-Trance during the breakdown because it won't work - keep it dark :D

It was the breakdown section that I struggled with most. Synth's I always find hard to do as well, not only do I struggle actually putting the sounds down for them but I also struggle to get something that I think actually sounds good and professional - in this case I tried not to worry over it, and make the rest as best as I could.

After all, University will be teaching me all this sort of stuff September onwards, so it's good that I don't know how to do everything just yet! (keeping positive)

That's fairly cool Simon, possibly a male tune, not the kinda tune I'd buy.

I think I'd like to hear it in a mix to give a full verdict, I always find just sitting and playing it out right doesn't give you the feel of a tune.

Stick it in a mix sometime.

It's just missing a tiny bit of UMPF!!! In the middle, the bit you'd walk out the club humming!! For me anyway. Obviously alot of people don't like UMPF in their tunes! :kiss:

Archived