Does anyone have Windows Vista Home Premium?

Briggsy

My sister has scratched her Windows Vista Home Premium disc, but now needs to do a clean installation of Windows because being the plonker that she is, she let her anti-virus software expire and she's picked up a few viruses.

Does anyone have Windows Vista Home Premium that they could kindly copy for me to sort her PC out? She's got the product key, which i'm happy to take a photo of as proof - she's just stuck with no disc to do a clean installation with.

I'm anti-Vista, so I only have XP - so I can't help her :(

If anyone could help, i'd appreciate it.

Cheers folks.

microsoft will send out a replacement disk if she can prove she owns it, it may cost her though, as with all microsoft stuff.

if its a disk she got with a pc, then get onto the manufactuer of the machine not microsoft

Yeah I checked out the Microsoft site, and it says if it was supplied OEM, then get onto the original manufacturer.

I'll try Acer - but from past experience, i've realised that Acer's customer support isn't very supportive at all.

Yeah I checked out the Microsoft site, and it says if it was supplied OEM, then get onto the original manufacturer.

I'll try Acer - but from past experience, i've realised that Acer's customer support isn't very supportive at all.

i work for a major business section of an it reseller, and i'll tell u acer are bloody shocking to deal with and will try charge £40 for the disk, if they dont try fob u off to go back to the retailer (who wont and cant help)

Archived