Jules' new album

Wakey

I've just listened to this and i'm really not feeling it at all - its nowhere near as good as his first album.

You Know What is my favourite, Laid Bare is also decent - although i've had that a while, and i'm bored of it after hearing Jules play it every time i've seen him over the last two years.

Master breaker is growing on me - although I doubt i'd play it in a set.

The rest are fairly weak in my opinion - particularly the vocal tunes.

It was ok too I thought, i got sent it by Jules before it was released so i was pretty happy with it I can tell you. :D

I like this one, possibly a bit more than that one though.

I like trainwreck I like the heatbeat remix, i will be playing it loudly through my amp very soon.

Wicked...you can listen online so need to buy it. I am surprised they let you do this :)

Did Jules send you that copy personally Number 2? I am starting to think you know him, and as I have said before I would not be surprised if you go round to his for a cup of earl grey tea. Oh and then pay a game of dj monopoly :)

You are just moaning!

I wouldn't be moaning if it was good though lol. I like a few tunes, but thats about it. I don't really rate Jules as a producer. Its obvious that most of the brains behind the Hi-Gate/The Clergy/VPL work must have been Paul Masterson because Jules hasn't been as good on his own.

Wicked...you can listen online so need to buy it. I am surprised they let you do this :)

Did Jules send you that copy personally Number 2? I am starting to think you know him, and as I have said before I would not be surprised if you go round to his for a cup of earl grey tea. Oh and then pay a game of dj monopoly :)

You need to buy it hun.

Is there a DJ monopoly, I would love that?? I work in Toys r us and I aint seen it yet?? Is there? I want it!

Yes he did send me it personally I still have the wrapping and note that came with it!! I'll scan them for you lol

It was ok too I thought, i got sent it by Jules before it was released so i was pretty happy with it I can tell you. :D

I like this one, possibly a bit more than that one though.

I like trainwreck I like the heatbeat remix, i will be playing it loudly through my amp very soon.

how did u manage a free copy lol

i actually like the album anf think its on par with the 1st, loving could be love, and you know what, fed up of laid bare lol

I will be buying this album for the collection having got most of Jules' albums/productions over the years. I reckon these tracks could grow on me but I dont know alot of them very well yet. I remember hearing Laid Bare, The skip and master breaker all in one set about 2 years ago!!

That heatbeat remix of the headstrong one sounds wicked but then heatbeat are just awesome at the moment.

Think I will go out and buy this tomorrow. Im assuming its available in shops as well as being on itunes this week?

I ordered mine online yesterday from HMV as there are no music shops left in Penzance now. There is only WH Smith and they don't have a wide range of music in there and Tescos isn't much better. Should have my copy by Thursday.

Thanks for the link N2 Fan, thats great. :winkthumbsup: I'm really surprised how good this album is and really like most of the tunes which l find are very uplifting and have certainly put a smile on my face. :D One of my favs is "The City Rockers" and "Gotta Be Heard" tracks and the only one l'm not so keen on is "You Know What" Guess you can't please everyone ;) Surprised he put "Laid Bare" on this one too, though have to say it is still one of my fav tunes despite Jules overdoing it by playing it too often like he did with "Keep Me Running"

Wakey made the first link Chrissie, I just elaborated on it a bit.

I'm buying mine Thursday I think. Not too bothered when, but I work saturday and do the town on Thursday so I may aswell buy it then. LOL It is still my Valentines pressie though.

Nice one! I'm having to buy my own copy.

You sent a link from your page on Facebook to mine.:lol:

Archived