Sean Tyas - Melbourne (Rob Corbo and Simon Ross Remix)

simonross46

Hello to you all,

Some people may be aware that in January of this year Sean Tyas released his new single 'Melbourne', and with it he also released the parts to his track as a remix competition (details can be found in his Myspace blog). The winning remix (as chosen by Tyas and 2 other producers I cant remember the names of) will be released in a few months time. I read about this, but thought nothing of it, then as Rob and myself began to work on a seperate remix the idea came to me that we should do one for 'Melbourne' too!!!

Below is a sample clip of our remix efforts. What you will hear is the breakdown and then the second half section afterwards. Since this clip was made I have worked on the structure of the second half (now the changes in bass notes happen sooner after the flat bass plays - make any sense?).

NEW LINK: http://www.4shared.com/file/88627872/2fe2f...___CUT_mp3.html

Rob and I would really like to know what people think. If you have a listen to the cut and have an opinion then do please let us know your thoughts. I personally believe this is one of our finest pieces to date, and I am immensely proud of it :)

Is this a potential winner?

Thanks,

Simon and Rob

No its not a winner, the winner'll bee more the discover sound, as per blodoey usual.

Nice bassline, basslines improving, after the break when the beat comes in its just empty untill the main part comes in as nice as the percussion and bassline is, just feels something else should be going onon top rather than just the barely hearable riff bit.

Thanks for listening anyway Mr B.

Like I had said, the second half of the remix [after the break] has been worked on, and I also did some work on the levels of the break after the clip was produced. Rob is polishing it up now doing the all important tweaks for sound quality.

Archived