EDDIE HALLIWELL

Number2Fan

Youtube Video ->

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

As much as I like Eddie (he's my third favourite DJ after all), that sounds awful. Its things like that that's currently giving him the negative reputation he's picking up at the moment. It doesn't add anything to the tune, and it kills all the energy the tune built up to start with - its not an 'effect' - its showing off.

However, this is superb!

I'd love to know what the other tune is (Not Len Faki - Just A Dance, the other one he' keeps cutting in). I've heard him play that a lot, but never found out what it is.

Its odd how some DJ's perform better at particular venues. Eddie has always been outstanding every time i've seen him at Gods, whereas i've not always been as impressed when i've seen him elsewhere.

I've never heard a good set from Jules at Gods, whereas every set i've heard where he's played at Slinky in Bournemouth has been superb.

Richard Durand was always immense at Turnmills too.

Its odd how some DJ's perform better at particular venues.

Yeh I've noticed that with a few DJs. Jon O'Bir's sets at Gods back in '04/'05 were the best I've seen him play, whenever I've seen him elsewhere he's not been up to the same standard, perhaps it's a comfort zone thing?

Jules @ Gods is another one I've noticed, I've seen him there plenty of times but only once has he really been on top form, back in Feb 2004 when he played after Ferry, that night he was immense.

as most know, i've never been keen on Eddie Halliwell. Not even from his Good Greef or Crasher after hours days. Firstly i think he's egotistical - he never left Radio 1 of his own accord, he couldnt have his own way and got the arse so left.

Secondly, people bang on about him being talented...i dont think he is, he just knows how to use an EFX1000. Kutski is far more talented than Eddie Halliwell - and Kutski can scratch properly without the aid of an EFX1000. I'm not knocking Eddie, he must be doing something right to get where he is.

Thirdly, the over exagerrated EQ thing vexes me big time. It looks silly, why?

IMO Eddie's brother Simon is much better looking than Eddie (Simon is Eddie's manager)

th_2008_0928mixture0190.jpg

My face looks a bit distorted in this photo coz Simon was making me laugh so much.

I've seen Eddie play @ JS, Ibiza in 2007 and also @ Cream Amnesia, Ibiza 2007 and 2008. TBH I'm not a great fan of Eddie's but he is entertaining and the crowd really respond to him. He's a bit over the top but its all about having a good time and enjoying yourself and Eddie certainly knows how to do that unlike some DJ's l could mention.

I've been trying to upload a picture of me with Simon Halliwell (to prove my point) but for some reason it won't upload on here. Must be doing something wrong :wall: I'll try again tomorrow night as l'm off to bed very shortly as l've gotta be up for work @4.45.

I've lost a bit of respect for Eddie because he does cheat a bit - he has quite a lot of set pieces that he does overand over again, and some of his scratching is pre-done - i've spotted this a few times over the last 18 months or so.

Personally, I feel that Eddie has got a bit big headed, and certainly a bit lazy too - it's all happened since he moved away from Jules's manager aswell. His brother manages him now - an he's a bit big headed too.

I think Eddie has got a bit too big for his boots since propelling from a b-lister to a headline DJ.

Its a shame Barry Connell died because, personally, I thought he was better than Eddie - he did everything live and didn't cheat.

They're both legends though :D

I don't know what l'm doing wrong but my photos from photobucket are uploading differently yet l'm not doing anything different, its really bugging me. Instead of the photo enlargeing, (when you click on the photo in a thread), it takes you to photobucket and then enlarges the photo. :confused:

It changed a little while ago, you cannot steal photos from there either without clicking them large first.

I'm more peeved that you cannot plop a youtube video onto someone elses facebook profile anymore, it just gives you a link to YOUTUBE . COM and some sad picture!!!

Whats the point of that!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived