Judge Jules - March Mix 2009

Burien

spend 2h to finish the tracklist hope all is correct :sweatingbullets:

01. Arnej - Tomorrow Never Comes (Coldharbour) + Barack Obama (Acapella)

02. Armin van Buuren feat. Cathy Burton - Rain (Cosmic Gate Remix) (Armada)

03. Cliff Coenraad - Gone South (Leon Bolier Remix) (High Contrast 2009)

04. Shy Brothers – Shake Em (Lee Haslam Remix) (Solid Records 2009)

05. Team SR - Leaving London (Mac & Taylor Remix) (White Label)

06. Tristan D Pres. Ratty – Heat Of The Sunrise 2009 (White Label)

07. Jonas Stenberg - Memories (Jochen Miller Remix) (Musical Madness)

08. Ben Nicky & Liquid Vision vs Chuckie - Kick Da Kick (Paul Maffia 's Mash-Up) (White Label)

09. Mac & Taylor - Washing Contrast (White Label Bootleg)

10. Night Liberator - Artificial Pervasion (Charlie G & Vandall Mix) (CGI) + Queen - We Will Rock You (Acapella)

11. Reflekt- Need To Feel Loved (Adam K & Soha Vocal Mix) (Positiva)

12. Killswitch - Loop Noir (Will Atkinson Midnight Remix) (Phase Seven)

13. Mike Walker - Happening Clock (White Label)

14. Melodia - Phoenix (Will Atkinson Remix) (Nukleuz)

15. The Enemy - Away From Here (Phil Crawf Remix) (White Label)

16. Nitrous Oxide vs Heatbeat & Daft punk - Aerodynamic Sxing Orient Paradise PushOver Express

(Heatbeat Megamix-Shup) (White Label) + Barack Obama - Yes We Can (Acapella)

17. Linkin Park - Numb (Heatbeat Bootleg) (White Label)

18. Will Atkinson - Slipped Disk (CGI Records)

19. Richard Durand - Into Something (Magik Musik)

AUDIO: http://judgejules.net/index.php?page=10

Edited by Burien

shame his mixing dont live upto the tracklisting. listened to feb mix and how he manages to drop every tune out of beat is beyond me.

the thing is, if he used Ableton to get it beat perfect (like Tong does) then people would moan at the fact he's using ableton to do it. So in a way, the big name DJ's just cannot win. Not having a dig or owt, but look at PVD. His mixing is now beat perfect - which people want - but he's now flamed for using Ableton!

I dont know why Jules doesnt move onto Traktor or Ableton, then he can keep the mixing tight and mess around with effects properly. Jules should be embracing technology like other DJ's are. It's not cheating its progression. Jules is going to be left behind sooner or later.

Edited by Moonman

I dont know why Jules doesnt move onto Traktor or Ableton, then he can keep the mixing tight and mess around with effects properly. Jules should be embracing technology like other DJ's are. It's not cheating its progression. Jules is going to be left behind sooner or later.

Agree 100%!!! I've given up listening to jules' monthly mixes, mainly because musically its not really my thing any more but also due to the lack of soul in them i.e poor tune selection and dodgy mixing. I prefer listening to his old mixes and albums like clubbed volume 1!!! Prob my favourite album ever! :D

Jules is going to be left behind sooner or later.

How though? I should think 90% of DJ's are using CD decks with a wallet full of CD's at the moment - if Jules is going to get left behind, then so are all the rest.

Traktor or Final Scratch would be a good move though perhaps. I wouldn't like him to go down the Ableton route though. If he messes about with accapellas and dodgy loops now, god only knows what we'd be in for if he's got more time and technology to incorporate even more stuff in his sets ^_^

All he needs to do is get back to basics - sort the flow out, stop the randomness, and beatmatch during a tune rather than doing it 'on the fly' as he brings each tune in - that way his beatmatching will be spot on. if he just did that, his sets would be OK again.

How though? I should think 90% of DJ's are using CD decks with a wallet full of CD's at the moment - if Jules is going to get left behind, then so are all the rest.

sad thought isnt it? It seems like only yesterday everyone had to switch from vinyl to CD's, and now there's another switch to be made. I know, going down the laptop route is something none of us intially want to go down i was the same trust me, but i checked it out and i am so glad i did. But since i have, i have the level and control over music that turntables and even CDJ's just cannot compete with. CDJ's have tight unwavering pitch, but a laptop program has unwavering pitch thats insanely accurate.

I'm slowly learning how to use Traktor in depth, and frankly, i'm amazed by what it can do. I used to think people like PvD, Dave Clarke, Deadmau5 etc were talking s*it when they said it open up now possibilties etc, but it does.

I've even seen luminar DJ's using Serato\Traktor now, so if they are embracing it aswell, surely its only a matter of time before it becomes standard? Trust me, i know you dont want to hear it, but laptop DJing is how it's going to go. My theory is, give it another 2 years or so, and laptops will be standard. All CDJ's/Technics will be used for, is to control the timecode/MP3 - thats it, and to give people that like the "entertainment" aspect of DJing something to look at.

I remember all the fuss about 4-5 years ago when CDJ's became the norm, i said i'd never swtich, but i had to so i could keep up. Now, the laptop age has arrived, and rather than fight it, i've embraced it. Yes, i wish i could go back to using just vinyl, but the era is over, it's gone, technology has advanced. You either adapt to the current or get left behind, like with anything in life really.

I feel jules sets lately, are sounding so 2-dimensional, so limited, especially after hearing someone like John 00 Fleming or Carl Cox using a laptop. The EFX is a good bit of kit, but its just so....pointless now, when running Ableton can do all that and more. I actually just had a good read on J00F's forum about laptop DJing, aswell, if i can find the link i'll post it. He makes valid comparisons to using a typewriter vs. a word processor to type a document etc. The word processor being quicker and more efficient.

I'm not having a go or having a pop, but DJ's like Jules probably get sent these products to roadtest, and i'm amazed he hasnt embraced digital djing yet. Especially when now, its all about exlusivity. Jules could have four decks on the go all perfectly in time, and could insert any accapella anywhere that would be in time for example. He could do it on the fly aswell for something truly unique, as that seems to be what tickles his pickle lately.

The only downside to it of course, would be that the Barack "Yes we can-a-pella" would probably be played on loop throughout the whole of Jules' set.

sad thought isnt it? It seems like only yesterday everyone had to switch from vinyl to CD's, and now there's another switch to be made. I know, going down the laptop route is something none of us intially want to go down i was the same trust me, but i checked it out and i am so glad i did. But since i have, i have the level and control over music that turntables and even CDJ's just cannot compete with. CDJ's have tight unwavering pitch, but a laptop program has unwavering pitch thats insanely accurate.

I'm slowly learning how to use Traktor in depth, and frankly, i'm amazed by what it can do. I used to think people like PvD, Dave Clarke, Deadmau5 etc were talking s*it when they said it open up now possibilties etc, but it does.

I've even seen luminar DJ's using Serato\Traktor now, so if they are embracing it aswell, surely its only a matter of time before it becomes standard? Trust me, i know you dont want to hear it, but laptop DJing is how it's going to go. My theory is, give it another 2 years or so, and laptops will be standard. All CDJ's/Technics will be used for, is to control the timecode/MP3 - thats it, and to give people that like the "entertainment" aspect of DJing something to look at.

I remember all the fuss about 4-5 years ago when CDJ's became the norm, i said i'd never swtich, but i had to so i could keep up. Now, the laptop age has arrived, and rather than fight it, i've embraced it. Yes, i wish i could go back to using just vinyl, but the era is over, it's gone, technology has advanced. You either adapt to the current or get left behind, like with anything in life really.

I feel jules sets lately, are sounding so 2-dimensional, so limited, especially after hearing someone like John 00 Fleming or Carl Cox using a laptop. The EFX is a good bit of kit, but its just so....pointless now, when running Ableton can do all that and more. I actually just had a good read on J00F's forum about laptop DJing, aswell, if i can find the link i'll post it. He makes valid comparisons to using a typewriter vs. a word processor to type a document etc. The word processor being quicker and more efficient.

I'm not having a go or having a pop, but DJ's like Jules probably get sent these products to roadtest, and i'm amazed he hasnt embraced digital djing yet. Especially when now, its all about exlusivity. Jules could have four decks on the go all perfectly in time, and could insert any accapella anywhere that would be in time for example. He could do it on the fly aswell for something truly unique, as that seems to be what tickles his pickle lately.

The only downside to it of course, would be that the Barack "Yes we can-a-pella" would probably be played on loop throughout the whole of Jules' set.

Again, you hit the nail on the head there I think! Some people are just scared of change or just too stubborn or ignorant to accept it! I'm not for the whole ableton thing while djing either, I like to see a DJ using turntables. Traktor allows the best of both worlds really hence why so many dj's have switched over.

Obviously laptops are going to take over djing at some point I think. The same way i-pods have taken over the cd generation nowadays! Cd's were never really gonna last anyway as we all know how easy they are to scratch etc! :huh:

i havent listened to this march mix yet and i dont think i will especially if its like his feb mix,as pleasurepaul said

shame his mixing dont live upto the tracklisting. listened to feb mix and how he manages to drop every tune out of beat is beyond me

i wonder if jules is goin def like frankie wild or does he not care any more,its a shame lik ksheehan said aswell

I prefer listening to his old mixes and albums like clubbed volume 1!!!

they where the best of his albums

could be numerous reasons really why the live sets arnt living up.....

1. drink?

2. monitor problems

3. headphones arnt great for mixing.

4. not paying attention or concentrating.

i reckon its most likely a combination of not paying enough attention and more so drink.......but i could never mix great with the sennheiser hd25sp's jules uses.