chocolate

Moonman

I want to be nice and slim ... but I have grown to love the way I am so I just go with the flow

i'm not fat and i have nothing against it, it's just, since around x-mas i've been eating crap and feeling lazy and i hate it. I am one of these people that get concerned about constantly eating junk. So three weeks ago back to the old healthy way for me. The hardest thing was getting into a gym routine again and running everyday. But the wonderful ladies and their toned bottoms at the gym made it a little more bearable.

A young single guy like yourself should be getting himself in good condition for the ladies :lol:

Well since I don't have an appearance to die for anyway, I don't see it as a major priority. After all, you love the person for who they are and not what they look like, yes?

Well since I don't have an appearance to die for anyway, I don't see it as a major priority. After all, you love the person for who they are and not what they look like, yes?

i do it purely to keep fit and healthy. Only the other day i heard of a local lad who was 28 years old who died of a stroke. He was pretty hefty but thats just too young!

gosh that is very young, things like that do make me worry ... but its when it happens a bit closer to home that I would really take any action, like if it was a friend or relative. It's like yesterday the shop in my village caught fire (got some awesome photos which are going in the newspapers!!!) and now I'm really fire cautious haha.

I'd rather die younger and enjoy what I eat rather than live on food that I don't like (I hate veg!) and live until i'm 143. I'm not fat, i'm not skinny - about average really.

After all, super-fit footballers drop dead on the pitch anyway, so healthy eating and super fit doesn't always mean a long life :D

My partner and I were always very slim, but now we are not, I am probably a proper size now but I miss being thin, and my partner is only getting fat around the middle. Fat is ok when it goes where you want it to, ie just on my boobs, but it doesn't. So for the first time ever in my life, I am watching what I eat now.

After over 30 yrs of eating whatever the f*** I want when I want, it's not easy.

I'm just going down the more fruit and veg path and smaller portions for dinner route atm.

Cutting out cakes and biscuits a little, only eating at regular mealtimes.

I do do quite alot of excersice, but probably not enough for the amount of cake I can normally put away!

In fact i dreamed last night my stomach looked like I was pregnant, like bloody little britain's only gay in the villiage.

ERG! How do you spell exercise?

After all, super-fit footballers drop dead on the pitch anyway, so healthy eating and super fit doesn't always mean a long life :D

No, but statistically, super fit people are going to live longer than those who are not. It's all about moderation, a little bit of what you (really) like along with what is good for you is the way forward. I do love my diet coke a little too much though. Gave it up for a year and a hlaf then gave into cravings.

It's like when massively fat people say they wont cut down on FAT in case they die of a heart attack, because they could be hit by a bus tomorrow.

I just wanna say, 'but you'd try to avoid the bus' wouldn't you.

(other wise the bus company might sue for damages anyway)

My partner and I were always very slim, but now we are not, I am probably a proper size now but I miss being thin, and my partner is only getting fat around the middle. Fat is ok when it goes where you want it to, ie just on my boobs, but it doesn't. So for the first time ever in my life, I am watching what I eat now.

After over 30 yrs of eating whatever the f*** I want when I want, it's not easy.

I'm just going down the more fruit and veg path and smaller portions for dinner route atm.

Cutting out cakes and biscuits a little, only eating at regular mealtimes.

I do do quite alot of excersice, but probably not enough for the amount of cake I can normally put away!

In fact i dreamed last night my stomach looked like I was pregnant, like bloody little britain's only gay in the villiage.

ERG! How do you spell exercise?

Simple case of your metabolism slowing down. Happens to everyone at some stage.

Exercise is fine and important but it is 80-90% diet(as in what you eat) in my opinion. All the exercise in the world will not make up for eating far too many bad calories.

I can go without chocolate no problem, just as much as it tastes so good and I could spend all day wolfing it down.

I have the ocassional bar here and there.

Coca Cola now is so bloodey addictive I used to drink so much going back, even more so when they did this promotion where you collect vouchers from labels and ring pulls to get cd's music equipment etc.. my good I was drinking 4 or 5 cans a day!

I do drink coke or pepsi (depends what pubs have) rather than cider mostly at pubs I'll have the occasional cider or maybe two if theyre both bought for me! (like last wednesday)

I know the reason why I am overweight/fat is simply eating some of the wrong things and f all exercise! like I've said before I've no motivation to exercise simply, well I do maybe, but its getting started,

No, but statistically, super fit people are going to live longer than those who are not. It's all about moderation, a little bit of what you (really) like along with what is good for you is the way forward. I do love my diet coke a little too much though. Gave it up for a year and a hlaf then gave into cravings.

Yeah thats what I mean - i'm average build - i'm not mega thin because I have a diet consisting of lettuce leaves and water, but i'm not fat because I don't gorge biscuits, 4 packs of crisps and a burger each day like some people do. I think that too much of anything is bad - whether it be healthy or not. Its just a case of using common sense.

My grandad was 83 when he died - and he wouldn't start the day without his full english breakfast each day, so its just proves that you can eat that and live to a good age as long as your careful :D

Besides, if we eat so healthy that we don't die of a herat attack, then we'll only die of cancer - unfortunately, thats the way things seem to be these days. I'd rather die suddenly from a heart attack than have a long and painful death from cancer.

I couldn't live until i'm 90 eating veg every day anyway. Erggggh.

I gave up smoking this time last year, I put on 3 stone in 3 months then. And I still have that 3 stone. :(

Now I am not saying that having no cigarettes made me fat, but obviously to begin with I was replacing the the fags with food, even when I thought I wasn't. I am still glad I gave up smoking though.

I gave up smoking this time last year, I put on 3 stone in 3 months then. And I still have that 3 stone. :(

Now I am not saying that having no cigarettes made me fat, but obviously to begin with I was replacing the the fags with food, even when I thought I wasn't. I am still glad I gave up smoking though.

That is some serious weight gain!

Average of about 3.5lb a week. To gain that you need to eat an extra 12250 calories a week :thumbsdown:

Archived