Made Redundant.... :(

Simcut

Hey guys

Got made redundant from my role at work on Tuesday, got 30 days to find another job within the company or else I am fully redundant :( not good.....

Anyway I suppose the only positive thing out of this is that I am at home for the forseeable future so I can spend some time putting more audio up....

Simon

Damn man thats hard. I suppose the good thing about being a public sector worker, is i dont have to worry about this sort of thing.

depending on level of service and position held you should get a nice little payout no?

What do you do for a living anyway? It's happeneing everywhere aswell, a few lads who i went to school with have recently been made redundant. Is it just yourself being made redundant or a bunch of you? Finding a job in this climate is not going to be easy, but good luck with it.

How did they deliver the news? was it a "meeting" type thing where they call every into an office. You, the workers don't know whats up, until they hit you with it?

Oh I am sorry to hear that Simcut, that's how I lost my last job, but actually it turns out I am much happier where I am now, even though I earn less. If I hadn't lost my other job, I'd probably still be doing the same stuff now and would never have moved on.

I hope you find another job soon.

I just applied to everything, because I had children to feed, and took whatever came along first and now I love it.

Sometimes good can come of these things.

And yes, more audio will be one of those good things maybe ;)

Good luck though, :winkthumbsup:

Thankfully I also work for the government so my job is as safe as any really. Would hate to work in something like the construction or retail industry. I have a few dealings with plant contractors (diggers etc) that say times are very hard due to the lack of development and that numerous companies are going bust on a weekly/monthly basis :unsure: .

Archived