The Gallery @ Ministry of Sound. Friday April 17th

I'm completely nackered at the moment so my report will have to wait, had a wicked time down there & was suitably impressed with the club, it's something else. My set went down really well which was cool so hoping to have a repeat booking at some point in the future.

Yesterday was obviously a big one as we (Wolves) got promoted & after a day at work I'm not up to my usual literary acrobatics, it'll be done tomorrow at some point though ;)

I'm completely nackered at the moment so my report will have to wait, had a wicked time down there & was suitably impressed with the club, it's something else. My set went down really well which was cool so hoping to have a repeat booking at some point in the future.

Sounds like you had a good 'un mate! The Ministry is definately a superb club - my favourite in the UK by a mile. The sound system is amazing!

Yesterday was obviously a big one as we (Wolves) got promoted

\o/

Argh, I had written a literary masterpiece of a report but the bleeding server went down just as I clicked post so you'll have to accept this scaled down 'I'm annoyed so I'll type fast' version instead.

Here goes (again)...

I'd taken the decision earlier in the week to drive to & from the event on Friday night as I wasn't about to miss the potential promotion of Wolves to the Premier League (an event which is no longer potential \o/ :D). That said I had a pretty laid back day on Friday choosing to simply hit the gym & then get everything sorted for the party itself.

I was taking along a car full of friends from the Midlands & then meeting plenty more friends from London & the surrounding area down there (making our party up to 18 in total). I had written a wonderfully incisive piece about the drive down but can't for the life of me remember all of the sterling adjectives so suffice to say I'll shorten it down to the fact that the drive was cool until we hit the complexities of the Elephant & Castle area & tried to find the club itself.

Having found Ministry & parked up we hit the Rockingham Arms (the pub which has become synonymous with the pre-Ministry crowd) where I met up with a host of familiar faces & the friends who were accompanying me to the event itself.

My first impressions of the venue were excellent, it's a one of a kind club & really is something to behold, the decor, the cleanliness the lighting & most importantly the sound are all first class. My room for the night was the Baby Box which was a beautifully laid out room just along from the mainroom & situated directly adjacent to the Bar. Having the opening set presented both a blessing & a curse as I got to play exactly as I liked but also had to contend with a quiet start to the night as most people were waiting to hit the club for the big-guns later on in proceedings.

My set went really well & receieved glowing comments from those of the crowd who witnessed it & also (perhaps most or least importantly depending on your viewpoint) the promotion team for the event. I'll keep the subtleties of the set to myself for now with the promise that I'll be using it for next week's edition of The Progressive Showcase.

The rest of the night was also most enjoyable & checking out the surrounds of the club further enforced what a special setting it is, I especially enjoyed checking out Jimmy van M from the decadent vantage point of the VIP balcony (yes I am a master-blagger). Jimmy's set was magnificent & easily my set of the night.

I left reasonably early as I really wanted to safeguard against feeling totally tired at the wheel. Luckily I'm quite adept at driving through the night as I've done it plenty of times before but the fact that everyone within the car was fast asleep before we even hit Barnet wasn't the most fun aspect of the return trip.

Thankfully I had a real blast & cannot recommend The Gallery or indeed The Ministry of Sound highly enough, it was such a fantastic opportunity & given half a chance I'd be back there this weekend for more! With the good reactions received thus far here;s hoping to another return booking sometime in the near future ;)

Disclaimer

Any spelling inaccuracies or non-sensical ramblings are down solely to the fact that I managed to type this in 5 mins, whereas I spent a good 30mins on the other version which was sadly lost (B)

Yes that is a good report, thanx for telling us! Glad you had the time you had!! :D Here's to more nights at Ministry! :winkthumbsup:

(and I can imagine how you felt at losing your initial report, if it's any consolation, this one was very enjoyable reading)

Edited by Number 2 fan

Thanks for the compliments on the report, losing the first one can't be helped so maybe it was a blessing in disguise.

I've got the recording of my set all sorted & ready to go & will be recording a 'regular' studio set for the first hour of the show at some point this week. The show will be broadcast from 17.00 next Monday (April 27th) with the Ministry set going out around 18.00.

:)

You drove through Barnet? Barnet rocks :) originally from close to there

Not directly through it, went in on the M1 & A1 so pretty much skirted the outsides of it. Very plush looking suberb, also skirted around Highgate, alas there were no sightings of Jules