Best cart/stylii for sound quality??

Neuro

I am going to replace the Stanton one because it is no good for ripping to CD, can anyone suggest a great all-in-one to buy that tracks the record better than most and gives the best sound quality?

Aza recommended the Ortofon Pro S Concordes, which are £50 each, they looks the dog's to me but just wondered if people had other opinions!

Cheers :)

Hey guys - I am now entering the final stages of my eagerly awaited cd sale! I must say it has been very hard waiting (it bloody is), but me and my girlfriend are looking at buying a place and are finally beginning to see the end!

As soon as we know we got it and can move in I will purchase them after a lot of homework etc. So far I have found a better site than "decks.co.uk" which IMO are prob the best around until I came across "djsuperstore.co.uk". I asked for "2x Pioneer CDJ 800 & 1x Pioneer DJM 600, a pair of Sony V700 headphones & slappa

sl240 graphite wallet" for

have offered£1495, which I think is bloódy good! So will approach sapphires now to see if they will beat that!

I use the Ortofons Pro-S - they actually named them incorrectly because they're black (the silver ones are called Pro-Silver) but they're an excellent piece of kit.

When ripping vinyl of course, the sound quality is only as good as the weakest link in the chain the sound travels :wink:

I use the the Ortofon Pro S. They're the mutz nutz! Cant fault them to be honest.

The Pro Dj ones are also good but for a bedroom setup but I bet you you couldnt really tell the difference. It might show on a big nightclub system, but for bedrrom stuff get on the Pro S :wink: .

Archived