Quiet board

Robin

The board seems to be stagnating somewhat! In a bid to get some banter going on between us, I have two questions for you...

1) What do you want for Christmas?

2) What do you intend to do on New Year's Eve?

and now... for the bonus question...

3) Is anyone planning on doing anything on Boxing Day?

My answers are as follows:

1) No idea yet but probably something boring and domestic

2) Got a few invites already to house parties in the South East and Bristol however I'm keeping my options open until the last possible moment.

-- Bonus answer --

3) Hopefully I'll get my ass to Nation on Boxing Day night since it's often a quality night out there. If not, I'll end up in my old hometown of Knutsford somewhere, most likely The Room Bar or 161 Bar no doubt.

Oh... btw.. last question.. any of you lot not really into the whole Christmas thing? I'm sure I'll be into it more when I have kids of my own so I can enjoy the magic of Christmas with them but I'm not a very 'Christmassy' sort of person really.

Have fun folks!!! =o)

Sorry I haven't been contributing much, work has taken my much loved time up and coming up to Christmas as you say Robin it can only get busier! Can't say I agree with you that the board is somewhat "stagnating" though - it may have a blue water theme but from my experience on other boards it's better to have less content which is quality rather than lots of threads which aren't about anything and aren't musically interesting. However, I like the questions above and will definitely attempt to answer them! :)

1) For Christmas I'd like to ditch my Rover and buy a Golf.

2) On NYE I'll be staying at my girlfriend's (hopefully, don't want to tempt fate there)

3) For Boxing Day I will NOT be doing anything because I will be hungover.

Contrary to Robin, I have always loved Christmas but I feel in this country the commercial side takes over - and far too early at that. It pains me to see Christmas decorations and themes put up 3 months early. If I were a devious old chap, I'd burn them down and tell them to put them up at the right time, but I guess I don't possess the 'cajones' to do that just yet :)

I will definitely try to contribute here more often everybody, this is a top board and although now my musical interests lie elsewhere now (not Jules), my passion for electronic music stemmed directly from his shows and I still play a bit of trance in my house sets which always goes down well.

lol love it!!!!!!

christmas is usually the same s*** for me!!

question 1:Jules album

question 2: Not sure yet but probably involving another event filled alcahol extraviganza and overall eventfull and yet forgetable night.

question 3: prob will be mixing in my bedroom and (if all has gone well with my plans at the mo) getting excited about my new event.

As for christmas the last 2 years ive enjoyed loads as ive had dj gigs on xmas eve and the crowds are always in high spirits and ive not had to work my day job but before that ive had to work my day job so mixed experiences really. Goes with my personality really, bit of a pick n mix. lol.heres hoping al have a good time no matter what.

1:: I hope santa brings me a big bag of green :twisted:

2:: NYE involves some heavy drinking at a club then with out doubt more at a house party (hopefully not myne - don't want to spend the second / third day of 2006 cleaning!)

3:: I love it, few extra days off work, huge christmas diner with the family & not to mention santas presant ;)

1:: I hope santa brings me a big bag of green  :twisted:  

haha, quality!

1. Maybe another cdj-800? will have to wait see....

2. No idea yet

3. Recovering from what ever i do, im always so so so hungover that day...lol!

It does seem a bit quiet, not a lot since I was last on. Oh well, I'll be back in the UK soon to start boring you all! Somehow I'll find a way of relating each thread to, "When I was on my World Trip...!"

The thought of Xmas any NYE scares me a bit. 2.5 months really has flown by. I guess I'll be at Inside Out this year. Anything will beat that s***ty Head Shandy I was at last year!

Don't think things are quiet here really. Though because everyone is so well behaved it makes my role easier because I don't have much to do!

Oh and by the way, I've nearly finished that search engine, it should be winging its way on the main site soon (properly working) :)

1)What do you want for Christmas?

looking a bit of funding from the folks for new pc. wnat to run 3 monitior, one as a tv with preview ect ect

2) What do you intend to do on New Year's Eve?

fook all is happing here in northen ireland, might try get over to london for a bit see where the judge is playing or sumthing

3) Is anyone planning on doing anything on Boxing Day?

again nothing decent, just

Mauro Picotto

Marco V

Dogzilla

Agnelli + Nelson

Lisa Lashes

Dave Pearce

more big names tbc ...

plus local guy ...

playing in the kings hall

lol on all messageboards people get offended really easily! Though I have to say this one is the cleanest, most amusing and certainly the most helpful one I've come across regarding track info etc.... not to mention the audio on here, there's hundreds of clips on that unknown tracks page! Must say I like my house now and more chilled stuff, but still enjoy looking back at the old trance vein 8-)

Archived