Trackitdown

Tim451

Anyone ever tried to buy anything from Trackitdown only for it to be removed from your basket at the checkout along with the "we don't have the licence to sell this release in your country" message? I was after a copy of 'Cave - Carnival (Max Walder Remix)' the other day & that happened. After tearing my hair out looking for it elsewhere to no avail I decided to try changing the format to WAV (slightly dearer) & it went through like a charm. Why have the restrictions only on mp3's? I was also looking for 'Graham Gold & B Jammin' - Golden Sun (Kansai Remix)' but it's only available as a 192k mp3 yet the original mix is available as a 320. Worse still is that it's the worst quality 192k mp3 i've ever heard. Soulds like it's ripped from Youtube... :angry:

</rant>

Or don't bother watching Above and Beyond videos!!

I have had this on Youtube on Depeche Mode videos recently and I tried to send a friend some BBC video clips and they couldn't watch. If ppl put stuff on youtube it should be possible for ANYBODY to watch or they shouldn't be allowed to put it on there.

And actually, why do they let you see it in a search but just not actually play it?? I mean , why let us know it's even there? If we can't watch it!!

The internet is meant for sharing!!! The man that invented it could have made a bomb of money but gave it to the world to share information, and now we put restrictions on ourselves!

The spoilsports at MCPS-PRS are to blame. They're clamping down on sites like Youtube, and they now have to pay licenses for music clips/videos. If they made audio available for every country, they'd have to have a license for every country - so by restricting it to certain countries, they can cut their costs by only having a license for the country they choose.

You'll also find that over the next few months, less and less music will be available on Youtube because they're in the process of removing a lot of it. The license fee has become so high, they can no longer afford to license everything on there.

These are the same spoilsports which decided that small internet radio stations, even if they have a handful of listeners, muct pay extortionate license fee's - hence why there's not many smaller ones around now :(

Sure is as is the whole "illegal" download debate.

I disagree with all the daft licensing decisions that is having an impact on Youtube and internet radio stations - sources which I believe help PROMOTE producers tunes, and therefore boost their income - however, the 'experts' seem to think that these sites harm producers income. I'd love to know how - I know plenty of people that have gone on to buy tunes that they've heard on Youtube and internet radio.

I'm very anti-illegal download though. If everyone downloaded tunes illegally, then artists wouldn't get paid - and if artists don't get paid, they'll stop producing - which means we'll have no tunes to play, and that'll have a massive impact on the dance music scene - and also our DJ'ing and clubbing lifestyles.

Apart from the odd few tunes that i've been given directly by artists or labels, then every tune I own has been bought - either in MP3 format or Vinyl.

Archived