MINISTRY OF SOUND 25.04.09

Number2Fan

I must admit last time I saw Jules and Armin together it was rammed, and it wasn't much fun trying not to get crushed to death whilst enjoying V loud tunes!! It did put me off going to this one and is why I went for going out the weekend before, plus a couple of other factors, but as it was a big meet - up I woulda like to have gone, once Chrissie and Simon and Jason said no though, I thought I'd wait!

I am still jealous that I weren't there though and want to know ALL about it!

Armin gigs lately seem to be totally rammed all the time, used to be great seeing him when he was Gods ressie, half the time the night would be full but not over-full & you could actually enjoy it

Yeah that's how you want it, rammed is so RIDd***! Same as when it gets a little too empty it can be crap too, what I like is a busy start and then all the lightweights bugger off and you are left to enojy the atmosphere with some room for raving! ;)

edit* ha look at that swear filter?

Edited by Number 2 fan

• 2 weeks later...

I know I know, this has taken ages to reply to, but I've been in Budapest this weekend (Sensation White is there in 2 weeks - I plan to go next year!! :))

Anyway, quick report and some pics of The Gallery's 14th Birthday the other week...

There was an initial set back when one of my friends became ill and so wasn't up for coming - we had been due to have a pre gathering at hers and get ready etc, so we had to alter our plans a little bit. Instead of staying in London, I went back home to change, have a bit of food and a couple of drinks with Chrissie before heading out in order to save ourselves a bit of money! It was a bit disappointed as I'd made a CD especially for the occasion as a warm up (the mix is in the Members Audio section!).

Anyhow, Tim was keeping Jonathan entertained in London, and Chrissie and I finally made it into town about half 10 to meet them at a bar in Embankment. We had a couple of drinks there to chat, as well as a Jaeger-bomb just to get the party started (!), but then headed to Ministry for around half 12. We were due to meet Simcut inside but we had yet another slight set-back - we were no longer on the guestlist, and had to pay full whack to get in! However, as the queue was around the block and the bouncer seemed to believe we weren't bullsh**ting him, we skipped the massive line of people and headed straight in to the tune of £22 each...

I've been really pleasantly surprised by Ministry, expecting it to be a bit more commerical than it actually is. The sound system is nice and throbbing, so you get very in touch with the music. We stayed in the Box to start off with, a female DJ was playing some very nice progressive and electro (or rather tame trance). We then split off for a little while and had an explore I think? I remember looking around for a short while to find everyone again, but we all met up to make it into the Main room just before Jules was due on. Menno de Jong was just finishing a set - caught then end of Push - The Legacy and a very emotional trancer that I didn't recognise, but hope to hear again. Think we all had a massive smile on our faces when the breakdown came! Then, on came Jules with the set that's posted in the audio section - not too bad, perhaps even a bit too banging at times. Standout for me was Breakfast - Remember, very good tune, and I did enjoy Tristan D's Chakalaka, something about the low freq bassline that I like.

Had a little wander mid set for some water as it was really starting to get rammed and very hot, but made it back for the last 20 mins and then beginning of Armins set at 3. Cannot overestimate how packed it was by that point - never been so squashed in a crowd. Then, off went some bizarre pyrotecnics! It wasn't the ice machine making smoke...! have to admit though was quite tired by that point and the crowd wasn't giving me energy, so Chrissie and I went off to the Baby Box for some jackin' electro. Literally about 5 people in the room, some would prob say it was a bit of a waste given that I'd paid over 20 quid for the night, but I like having a bit of variety anyway and sometimes I can't enjoy the music as much if there's too close a crowd that you can hardly get your arm up! We found Simon, Tim and Jonathan just outside the main room about 25-30 mins later, you guys looked so hot as though you'd been in a sauna! It was about 4 ish when we called it a night, Chrissie and I caught the night bus back to Liverpool St for a dirty Maccie D's and the first Stansted Express home.

All in all, a great night and fantastic to see Tim again and meet Fuzzy and Simcut.

Here are a couple of pictures from the night:

168hedx.jpg

Tim, Fuzzy and Chrissie

11rq4r5.jpg

Tim and I

4t22s6.jpg

The smoky crowd

o8cgsn.jpg

In the mix!

230lt0.jpg

Hmm, a bit worse for wear at this point

Edited by thirddrive

You guys look nothing like what I imagined at all (apart from Christian, who i've seen in photos before) :o

Tim looks like a Tony, and Jonathon looks like a Dave. Chrissie looks like a rock chick, so she should have a rock-chick name that's too cool to think of right now.

We were due to meet Simcut inside but we had yet another slight set-back - we were no longer on the guestlist

The Gallery are a nightmare for that. Out of the five times they've supposed to put me on the guestlist, twice i've not been on it and had to pay. Its usually Tom 'The Viceroy' Godwin that makes the mistakes - I think he's a bit clumsy at times lol. Top lad, but a bit away with the fairies at times lol.

Excellent report I almost didn't wanna read it though as it has taken soo long to get here but as it included photos I am very happy!

Tim looks like a Tony, and Jonathon looks like a Dave. Chrissie looks like a rock chick, so she should have a rock-chick name that's too cool to think of right now.

I am disappointed that Fuzzy isn't Sportacus either. I thought more of you were going.

Erm that Tim? Is that Neuro? You all look lovely, and much too young for my liking!! Especially if that IS Neuro I thought he'd be older! :(

COOL!!!

Have to do it again!!!!!!!!

That smoky crowd pic looks like they are doing a special dance (Saturday night fever or something) lol

Did you not meet Simcut then? :huh: OMG how bad!!

I'd have got you in ok!

Edited by Number 2 fan

Did you not meet Simcut then? :huh: OMG how bad!!

We DID meet Simon inside... as he had won a meeting with Armin, he was there way before us, but we did manage to find each other when we were finally inside. It was a great night, though we all were a bit tired, and the huge crowd kinda tapped even more energy out of us :D

lol, I loved the DJ at the bar playing stuff like Mory Kante - Yeke Yeke and other oldies, f***ing awesome :D I think that was the 'Steve Lee' I was on about, thought he was in the baby box! doh!

My friend Sven got a shirt signed by Armin and a pic taken with him, and I got Armin to sign my '76' Album Sampler vinyl and also got him to sign a poster to my sister & her boyfriend :)

Edited by Simcut