Godskitchen, Air, Birmingham - Saturday 22nd October

Wow lucky you spending your 21st with Jules. 8-) Hope you have a great time - should be a night to remember but then that depends on how much you have to drink. :lol:

If you remember wish him a very happy birthday from me (Chrissie Brown from Penzance) and give him a big kiss too. :wink:

His birthday is on 26th but then l expect you already know that. We will of course expect a detailed report on the nights shenanigans.

Is Tim going with you or anyone else on this board?

What's happened to Tim?

I doubt Traill will be going or even knows about it, though I will tell him. At the moment he's going absolutely nuts about not having the internet up in his house in order to update the site!

Told me he was on the phone to the ISP for an hour yesterday trying to sort the internet connection and make them come and send him new stuff, and during the course of speaking to different people Wanadoo came up with 3 different answers as to what was going on ("it was definitely posted last week", "it will arrive at the end of the month", and "there is no record of your request, sir" something like that) after which they refused to tell him anything under the Data Protection Act as they could not obtain any "postive verification" as to who he was :D

He's sending me a CD with the site updates for the time being, so hopefully I can do this at the weekend. All the best for your 21st Dormouse, be sure to report back here about it. :)

KR

We followed him round one night back in 2001. He was doing one of his last Friday night shows live at Portsmouth Uni. We left straight after the last record, Ratty's Sunrise I think it was, jumped in the car and steamed down to Bournemouth for Slinky where he was playing later.

As we passed Southampton, a Saab whizzed past which later turned out to be Jules and his driver. When we got to Slinky he was already behind the decks! He certainly flys about the country

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah Mark Eteson is brilliant, had a very brief chat with him.

Never did give a full review of this night, but let's just say Jules was brilliant as ever, and the night all-in-all was a success...

I'm very disappointed that you didn't do a proper report on the nights happenings. I was really looking forward to it. :cry:

Also Rich was going to report on Jules's set in Brighton but didn't. :( :wall:

You should be ashamed of yourselves. :lol:

It didn't go quite according to plan as the boss of GK threw me out from behind the decks twice, Jules wasn't happy and I didn't really enjoy the last part of the night...

I've had that before, it's all going well and then you're being bustled out! :?

It didn't go quite according to plan as the boss of GK threw me out from behind the decks twice, Jules wasn't happy and I didn't really enjoy the last part of the night...

Ah well. There'll be plenty of other times, as J said.

You poor thing no wonder you didn't have the best night ever. :x

Some of these bosses are real killjoys.

Archived