Gareth Emery

Gareth Emery can this guy do any wrong im totally loving his work be it his own track's or his remixes the guy's a legend & his sound kick's ass & after a long wait iv finally got 'Exposure'' Such a nice track does anyone else think gareth emerys a 'LEGEND'' :mrgreen:

He's really kicked on again after discovering his current 'sound' with the Albert Vorne remix a couple of years ago. It's great how he manages to use similar sounds & effects a lot but always manages to make them sound fresh & different

As a producer, he's superb - especially over the last couple of years. I don't rate him as a DJ at all though. He was pretty good at ASOT 400, but the other three times i've seen him, he's been pretty shocking to be honest. I've heard better DJ's on internet forums.

I haven't seen Gaz DJ for ages actually, would like to check out one of his Garuda nights in the future but the lineup for the next one is abmissmal.

Gareth Emery

Above & Beyond

Fergie :o

Edit

Fergie's actually hosting room 2 with Luke Spencer, which makes a lot more sense

I haven't seen Gaz DJ for ages actually, would like to check out one of his Garuda nights in the future but the lineup for the next one is abmissmal.

Gareth Emery

Above & Beyond

Fergie :o

Edit

Fergie's actually hosting room 2 with Luke Spencer, which makes a lot more sense

If i went to that, Fergie would be the one who i'd want to see!

My :o wasn't at the fact Fergie was booked (as he's still an exceptional DJ) but that he's been booked on the same bill as Gaz & A&B, he's extremely far removed from where they are at in terms of styles & it'd just be a complete tumbleweed fest if he was on a trance lineup again with his current style.

The edit came as he's doing the other room, which makes a lot more sense

the only gripe iv heard with the garuda nights is sankeys seems to let wayyyyyy tooo many people and it gets very overcrowded, uncomfortably overcrowded a few people have said, which isnt good, but with a strong line-up i suppose i can see why it gets that way.

im hoping to go to this night if can gather some non- trance heads to go.

also if anyone fancies going to the night too off the board let us know.

not seen him live but heard VERY good reports that hes up there with armin etc usually you see him on the same nights as armin

No way. I'd put Gareth Emery alongside Jules in terms of consistency - he'll either be superb, or he'll be awful. His mixing is abysmal a lot of the time. The only difference is, his tunes are quite 'mature' - he stays clear of the cheesy crap that other DJ's tend to play.

Fergie's doing alright again now to be fair :D He's ditched that rubbish that he played towards the end of his Radio 1 days and he's playing 'proper' underground Techno again now. He's also putting effort into his mixing again.

I think he finally realised that he went places a bit too quickly and thought he could start getting lazy with his mixing and change his style without it having much of an impact on his career. He's pretty much having to rebuild his career again now - and it looks like he's doing a good job of it if recent reports are anything to go by.

i liked fergie on radio 1, the only thing that made me lol, was one week the special guest would be Phil Kieran, then the following week, the special guest would be...Phil Kieran!

Yeah, that used to make me chuckle too. Phil Kieran was on there just as much as Fergie lol.

Fergie was good in his early Radio 1 days, but then he moved to all that Tech-House nonsense, and that sound didn't really suit him. I preferred it when he was playing all the Technasia style funky/hard Techno.

Fergie was great on Radio One though wasn't he? His shows were always very listenable & even though his musical tastes began to drift very far out of sync with my own towards the end his show was always good to have on pre-clubbing

Fergie was great on Radio One though wasn't he? His shows were always very listenable & even though his musical tastes began to drift very far out of sync with my own towards the end his show was always good to have on pre-clubbing

I quite liked him. I think the problem is, Radio 1 took him on when he was doing well, found a genre that suited him and built up a fan base - then, for some odd reason, his style changed completely almost overnight and his career suddenly took a turn for the worst - and then Radio 1 axed him.

I'd rather have had Fergie than Annie Mac or Kutski for definate. Kutski is good - but his style of music isn't really suited to Radio 1.

Archived