Jules 15/05/09

JasonB

U2 – Magnificent [Adam K & Soha Remix] (Universal)

Radiohead Vs Heatbeat – Everything Is Louding (CDR)

Sander Van Doorn Vs Marco V – What Say [Koen Groeneveld Mix] (Doorn)

MGMT – Kids [JJT Bootleg] (CDR)

Arnej – Dust In The Wind [Original Mix] (Coldharbour)

DJ On Route: Scot Project

Scot Project – F2 Future Is Now [scot Spring 135 Remix] (Central Station)

Marco V – Unprepared [in Charge]

Lost Witness – Happiness Happening [Ali Wilson Remix] (Ministry Of Sound)

Paul Webster – The Wolf (Captivating Sounds)

Wippenberg – Chakalaka [Tristan D Remix] (High Contrast Records)

Joachim Garraud – Area 555 [Original Mix] (CDR)

The Backroom 2

Yomanda – Synth Of Strings [WDP Project Bootleg] (CDR)

Don Diablo – Disco Disco Disco [Riva Starr Remix] (Sellout Sessions)

Tried & Tested

Klubfiller – Defiant We Stand [Optimism Remix] (Defiance)

John Aleo – Shards May Remain [Angra Mainyu Mix] (Andromeda)

John O’Callaghan Ft Sarah Howells – Find Yourself (Captivating Sounds)

Jochen Miller – Eclipse (High Contrast)

Cosmic Gate – F.A.V (Original Mix)(Black Hole)

York – The Awakening (Quake Remix) (Manifesto)

Christopher Lawrence & Dave Aude Ft Jen Lasher – Lie To Ourselves (CDR)

Deadmau5 recorded live at Radio 1’s Big Weekend

Deadmau5 - Hi Friend (Mau5trap)

Deadmau5 - Ghosts N Stuff (Mau5trap)

Feed Me Vs Muse – Knights Of Cydonia (CDR)

Deadmau5 Vs Jelo - Reward Is Cheese (Rising Trax)

Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger (Virgin)

Deadmau5 – Brazil (Mau5trap)

Deadmau5 - I Remember (Mau5trap)

Why air deamua5's set instead of the usual half hour mix?! makes no sense at all. I know Tong and Annie have been airing highlights from last weekend but half hour of electro house at the end of a predomninantly trance based show is madness.

Also show not available on iplayer yet... lazy bbc...

Now listening on iplayer, Lost Witness remix, the vocals have been resung and usually as in many cases arent as good as the original vocals, however a nice remix,

Nice to see Tristans remix coming out proper now, prefer it over the original, back room two superb, and the oldie is York this week, which is the Quake Remix!

hmmmm

Loads of more popular tunes remade for Jules's taste still int there? I quite liked the Yomanda remix tough. The Lost Witness one was good, it has to be said, but the vocals aren't as good and, well....why? Liked the Klubfiller track too.

Oh, and Deadmau5 killed it! That was a great half hour mix, and a great advert on the advantages of using Ableton. I seriously want to get onto Ableton in the very near future. He was doing some crazy ass s*it.

Dust in the wind I really like, the start of thios show though was dull, I've heard all those tunes for weeks, they all follow the pattern of being indie vocals over a remix that uses a fast fade in/fade out pattern. BORING!!!!

Also I am only as far as the Yomanda tune at the mo, but if Deadmaus does the final set, where is the old tune that he asked for suggestions for?

Loadsa people made suggestions, I thought he'd go for Paul Van Dyk and it looks like he didn't bother at all.

That happiness happening remix though has a fab music remix but the re vocalling of it is DIRE!! I coulda sang that better myself and kept the moving feel of the lyrics, as the music has done. The first time I heard that tune I was almost crying, this time I didn't know what to feel, I liked hearing it but was very disappointed at the same time. I'd like to hear an instrumental version more.

What tunes are they gonna ruin next? <_<

yeah, i agree, pointlessly remixing classics is starting to get very tedious. I suppose it was bound to happen. But why? Jules is in a position where like Armin, he can really break new tunes and producers. But instead he opts for these indie remixes and pointless remixes. It frustrating because when he cuts them out, he can be really good.

We've had a lot of the big tunes from 99 remixed now, with the exception of, oddly, probably the biggest - ATB - 9PM. We've had Salt**ter, Carte Blanche, Synth & Strings, Happiness Happening, Ayla, For An Angel, Liberta etc etc. They are classics - producers will not better them - hence they are classics. It just frustrates me no end, i want new music, not old new music.

When I had my era of making bootlegs Jules gladly listened to them all and even played some (as we know), but then when I went on to producing with Rob he never even gave our tracks any attention. The links were never downloaded and we never got replies to emails. It is rather hurtful considering how helpful Jules was to me in particular when I started.

Yeah Jason I just came on to say that, ;) But other than that, I swear i already said exactly what Moonman said in his reply but I can't find where, so maybe I just thought it. In either case I totally agree with ALL that Moonman said!!

Tristan D filters Jules promos for him, maybe you should try sending him stuff Simon, or bumping him off. ;)

I am in a bad mood anyway, but this show was mostly s***e!!? -_-

So far even all the Golden Oldies he's done have been fecking 1999 there was DANCE music before then and after worthy of a good remix maybe a replay or just a mention even.

FCS we can always listen to a Dave Pearce album for the other tunes (if we own any) ;)

Perfect Example Tristan works for jules he does a remix of Chakalaka Jules caines it, it gets signed.

I feel for Simon Ross and anyone else who has sent people links of their own productions that were never downloaded, but their mashups were, doesnt make any sense other than ooh! I recognise those tracks/artists used!

I feel for Simon Ross and anyone else who has sent people links of their own productions that were never downloaded, but their mashups were, doesnt make any sense other than ooh! I recognise those tracks/artists used!

This has always bene the case with Jules unfortunately. He's always supported his "friends" regardless of whether they've been good or not. Jules supported loads of Warrier/Michael Woods stuff - some were superb, but even the awful ones got played ahead of better tunes by other producers. The same applies to Paul Masterson.

At one point, Jules ignored everything Richard Durand did - and then all of a sudden, he became flavour of the month.

Also, when Simon Patterson worked for Jules, Jules supported everything he did - now, Jules seems to only play one or two of Patterson's productions.

There does seem to be a lot of favouritism - and it shouldn't be like that. If its good, and fits in with Jules's style, then it should be played - regardless of who's behind it.

Still, despite being three of the best producers around over the past few years, John O'Callaghan, Greg Downey and Sean Tyas are pretty much being overlooked - the only time Jules ever supports any of those artists is when someone else has remixed them.

Deamau5's set was superb,. my gripe is Jules airing that instead of maybe half hour of his set from the outdoor stage.

Seems strange. However l understand that there were some technical problems with the Ess Mix (Annie Mac, Pete Tong etc) and wasn't recorded by the BBC but was done by the club in Swindon where the DJs played their sets.

Perhaps Jules's wasn't recorded.

Seems strange. However l understand that there were some technical problems with the Ess Mix (Annie Mac, Pete Tong etc) and wasn't recorded by the BBC but was done by the club in Swindon where the DJs played their sets.

Perhaps Jules's wasn't recorded.

It seems you're right Chrissie... no Jules recorded :(

Only these were recorded and broadcasted:

Annie Mac

Erol Alkan

2 Many Dj's

Pete Tong

Plump Dj's

Archived