The 'Immortal' Jelly Fish

Max Kane

No not really, not to me, I can think of a million other things that money would be better spent on than trying to find out why a jellyfish can live so long. It reads a little hyped up too, as it says the age reversal is equivalent to a butterfly going back to being a caterpillar, but actually i find the concept of a caterpillar becoming a butterfly in the first place much more exciting as I have kept caterpillars until they turn into butterflies and no matter what stage of chrysallis I have been able to see into there is never anything inside except mush! That I find amazing and the jellyfish isn't metamorphasising in any way is it? if it is then I am sorry I missed the point. But from what I can gather it is merely losing all it's adult urges and hormones when it has sex, and starting allover again by building them up until a point where it then mates again and they 'come out'

Is that right?

Although pre-pubescent I was very happy, day dreaming my days away, learning new things, thinking life would be like fairytale, that when I grew up I would become beautiful, that there weren't such nasty things happening in the world, that Heaven exsisted, that I could touch a rainbow, and the words to songs were true!

Edited by Number 2 fan

Although pre-pubescent I was very happy, day dreaming my days away, learning new things, thinking life would be like fairytale, that when I grew up I would become beautiful

oh the good life - i was actually called handsome the other day, put a smile on my face that did :)

I'd hate to live forever though!

I look forward to the time I can put my walking stick down, put my slippers on, and relax by the fire with the most expensive Gin & Tonic known to man ^_^

Yes! Me too! Having old Jules' shows on in the background, reminiscing of times when we were young. Also sampling some fine Whisky too.

I'd like to go back to medieval times. Simple as that.

All the mead, jousting, castles, looting, pillaging... sounds right down my street. Oh and chainmail and maces... wonderful :wub: