ableton live 8 for djing

jaylo

just taught id post this up to see if any body has tried to dj with ableton,if so what stuff would do i need as in controllers for the crossfader or what sort of sound card would i need,i recently got novation nocturn i was recomended it by the sales man in the shop he said its perfect for ableton coz it has a crossfader but i still cant use it :wall:

if any body knows anything about this all help would be great

rob corbo mixes with ableton. i watched a tutorial video on youtube a while ago because although i use ableton a lot i couldn't understand how it was dj friendly ... it's all about the session view. i'm using live 7 but i'm sure its not much different. have a look at youtube if you haven't already, if you have drop rob a message

ye i watched loads already and i seen it is all done in session window but what do i need to get started with,theres some good ones on it done by sonicacadamy,i dont think there is much difference between 7 and 8 i was using 6 le but u were limited to some stuff there is a couple extra audio affects and the warping is new

i think the best way of doing it is with midi capable mixers, like the allen & heath xone 3d

Xone_3D.jpg

iv never used it for mixing, but when i did play around with it, i think you had to put like sequence markers on the tracks or something

i did get mixes done with it, and they was pretty tight and clean, but im personally not a fan of ableton mixes, it defeats the object i think.

i think the tutorials on ableton are pretty good and they got me going from scratch.