Tunes you once hated, but grew to like...

Briggsy

I think most people have tunes they once loved, but played so much they got bored it them, but what tunes have had the reverse effect on you - you once hated them, but then grew to love them?

I once hated Giuseppe Ottaviani - Through Your Eyes - I absolutely detested it. I think that was down to hearing it 4 times in 3 hours at Global Gathering 2006 though when 4 DJ's on the trot all played it. About a year later after it had gone away for a while, it grew on me and I ended up buying it.

Just recently, Marco V's "Unprepared" really bugged me - but its grown on me quite a bit now.

I think most people have tunes they once loved, but played so much they got bored it them, but what tunes have had the reverse effect on you - you once hated them, but then grew to love them?

Just recently, Marco V's "Unprepared" really bugged me - but its grown on me quite a bit now.

I hated the vocal on Unprepared, but now, i love the track too. It's bizarre.

Another i used to hate but now love is PPK "ResuRection", This used to get caned, but now when i hear it, it takes me back about 8 years ago, and i remember hearing it at Crasher a few times too.

Also, Armin Van Buuren "Rain" (Cosmic Gate mix), which at first, i thought was a bit meh, and couldnt understand why everyone loved it, but now, i love it too.

I find it really hard to think of tracks I used to hate but now love, but the first that did spring to mind is "Chuckie - Let The Bass Kick". I remember it doing really well but I found it way too weird for my liking, but hearing it again the other day and I was boppin about.

unprepared is carp unless its the dub version. Always The Sun if there was a dub of that it'd be good too.

Erm.. Agnelli & Nelson-Holding Onto Nothing I just found bland back when Jules and everyone was caining the fout ofit, now though I dont mind it like

Ernesto Vs. Bastian-Dark Side Of The Moon I never liked but now its ok I spose I dont love it but i now like it

Takes some thinking.....

Perry O'Neil 'Kubik' is one I always remember finding really boring back when it came out, a good mate of mine was really getting into his prog but I was still something of a bosh-monkey. After hearing Schulz play it at Gods one night I was instantly converted & from there I pretty much loved everything else Perry produced.

Archived