JJA's got talent!

Briggsy

Soooooo, Britain's Got Talent is over - but with most of us coming from various parts of Britain, I reckon we should find out what talent we've got on this board (no Simon, I don't mean female members - I mean people with a hidden skill :P )

So, what talents do you have to share with the rest of the board?

1. I used to be able to play the Violin (not sure if I still can - i've probably forgotten now!)

2. I can play the Steel Band (I used to play the Tenor drum, but can also play the Soprano drum)

3. My little fingers bend backwards aswell as forwards (!!)

1) I have the UK's 23rd largest collection of medieval attire and battlewear and have been a perveyor of torture instruments (for historical purposes) since 1989.

2) I can throw a 340kg telegraph pole up to 16 metres (depending on the weather)

3) I once set fire to my carpet trying to melt off a wax stain...

(Ok only the last one's actually true, stupidest thing I've done in my life but definitely some talent!) :)

As children my sister and I were in many fires!

The worst one was waking up in our tent in the middle of the night and the whole thing was burning around us, then we couldn't go home because my dad had told us not to take candles in the first place and he woulda killed us, well my sister as she was 7 yrs older than me and I was only about 7 or 8.

Needless to say, I aint to keen on camping nowadays!

The most flammable thing was Christmas decorations, those paper streamers, attached to balloons allover the cieling above the fake tree and 1980's dried furry grass, they just went off like a fuse from a roadrunner cartoon when my sis was playing with a lighter one evening.

Quadrant, you are supposed to use a piece of paper and an iron to remove wax.

My sister burnt a big hole in the middle of our frontroom carpet one day and then to try and hide that before my mum and dad got home she CUT a big piece of carpet out from the corner of the room to use as a patch. It didn't work, my parents weren't very happy that time either!

1) I have a secret knowledge and obsession with the darker, obscure, avenues of dance music, especially Trance

2) I have perfect pitch (pick any note on a keyboard and I'll tell you instantly what it is!)

3) I wish I could DJ - amazingly I've never had the opportunity to mix and I know it's not a talent yet but I know I'd pick it up very quickly :D

So we have two pervs on the JJA board - Quadrant the perveyor, and Simon the pervert :P

I do also have a hook in the ceiling which has come in handy now and again.

ERGH!

2) I have perfect pitch (pick any note on a keyboard and I'll tell you instantly what it is!)

OH WOW!!! B)

That's something a friend of mine used to be able to do, I really wanted to do it too, but I couldn't, :( I say used to be able to do, she probably still can but she is no longer my friend.

I'm still trying to think of a talent?

1) I have a secret knowledge and obsession with the darker, obscure, avenues of dance music, especially Trance

3) I wish I could DJ - amazingly I've never had the opportunity to mix and I know it's not a talent yet but I know I'd pick it up very quickly :D

That's really cool Tim, and I'm sure talent no. 2 would indeed help you pick tunes that goes well together!

My talents... well, it all comes down to computers and internet.

Since I was a young boy I've been around computers. First using them for games and wordprocessing, later learning the OS and to build them myself.

It's mostly been a selftaught process, but having my mom's old boyfriend as mentor the first years, is a thing I am very grateful for, as it kickstarted my interest into computers and the internet.

I feel extremely priviliged to have the ability I have in regards of using computers as I see so many people struggle with simple tasks.

Since the early days of WWW, I've been wandering online, exploring the web's dark and lighter corners, which over the years have helped me to get pretty skilled in the art of online researching.

Oh, and I like to consider myself to be a pretty good survivor outdoors.... (I was a boyscout for 11 years) :ninja:

Oh, and I like to consider myself to be a pretty good survivor outdoors.... (I was a boyscout for 11 years) :ninja:

I would have been around during the Wars of the Roses. If you remember the Lancastrians and the Yorkists and all those battles in 15th Century England at the time... what a different place we all live in now.

I think I'll go and dream :sleeping:

Archived