Armin's Essential Mix

For those of you that haven't heard or seen anything of it thus far here's the tracklist & a link.

01. The Blizzard With Gaate – Iselilja (Sunn Jellie & The Blizzard Dub Remix) [Armada]

02. Moonbeam feat. Avis Vox – About You [High Contrast NuBreed]

03. Way Out West – Jupiter

04. Ron Hagen & Pascal M – Riddles In The Sand (Armind)

05. Q.T. Quartet – Hold That Sucker Down (Jerome Isma-Ae Mix)

06. Josh Gabriel pres. Winter Kills - Deep Down [Different Pieces]

07. Andy Moor & Ashley Wallbridge feat. Meighan Nealon - Faces [AVA]

08. Purple Haze – Bliksem [Doorn]

09. Gaia - Tuvan [Armind]

10. Lange vs. Andy Moor – Stadium Four [AVA]

11. Klauss Goulart – Deep Universe (M6 Remix) [Armada]

12. Alex M.O.R.P.H. feat. Ana Criado - Sunset Boulevard [Vandit]

13. Neptune Project - Aztec [Future Sound Of Egypt]

14. Armin van Buuren feat. Cathy Burton vs. Cosmic Gate - F.A.V. (Armin van Buuren Mashup)

15. Robert Nickson - Circles (Andy Blueman Remix) - with LIVE guitar by Eller van Buuren [A State Of Trance]

16. Darren Tate vs. Jono Grant - Let The Light Shine In (Filo & Peri 2009 Remix - AvB Edit)[Mondo]

17. Claudia Cazacu feat. Audrey Gallagher - Free Falling [A State Of Trance]

18. Stoneface & Terminal vs. Rex Mundi feat. Susana - Stardust At All (Armin van Buuren Mashup)

19. Lemon & Einar K - The Oslo Syndrome (Jorn van Deynhoven Remix) [Agenda]

20. 3rd Moon - Monsun [A State Of Trance]

21. Depeche Mode - Peace (Sander van Doorn Remix) [Mute]

22. Armin van Buuren – Blue Fear (Agnelli & Nelson Remix) [Dedicated]

LINKY LINKY

I don't really like Armin. I tend to find his sets a bit boring and monotone, mainly because I don't like the tunes he tends to select. However, he's one of the few DJs that despite the fact I don't like him, I feel a compulsion to listen to their offerings every now and then to confirm such an opinion. As such I will give this a listen and hope to be proved wrong, like I was with the Above & Beyond essential mix.

Cheers for the link mate. ^_^

For those of you that haven't heard or seen anything of it thus far here's the tracklist & a link.

01. The Blizzard With Gaate – Iselilja (Sunn Jellie & The Blizzard Dub Remix) [Armada]

03. Way Out West – Jupiter

04. Ron Hagen & Pascal M – Riddles In The Sand (Armind)

13. Neptune Project - Aztec [Future Sound Of Egypt]

14. Armin van Buuren feat. Cathy Burton vs. Cosmic Gate - F.A.V. (Armin van Buuren Mashup)

15. Robert Nickson - Circles (Andy Blueman Remix) - with LIVE guitar by Eller van Buuren [A State Of Trance]

16. Darren Tate vs. Jono Grant - Let The Light Shine In (Filo & Peri 2009 Remix - AvB Edit)[Mondo]

18. Stoneface & Terminal vs. Rex Mundi feat. Susana - Stardust At All (Armin van Buuren Mashup)

20. 3rd Moon - Monsun [A State Of Trance]

LINKY LINKY

track 19 is unknown - unknown ;) (jorn van deynhoven rmx) EPIC!!!!! :D

i agree with Spin Doctor. For some reason, i just can't get into the style he plays. I've got a lot of respect for the guy, he clearly loves his music and it shows. For me, the best Essential Mix this year, was Tiga's. That was exceptional, so was Josh Wink's.

I used to be a huge fan of Armin but I think over the past two years he has kind of lost his way. The sets (this one isn't a prime example but I'm talking club sets) seem to have become over-saturated with big vocals & needlessly long breakdowns. I guess in part it's due to my own personal changes in tastes but I just feel when seeing him live that his sets lack a bit of drive.

I used to be a huge fan of Armin but I think over the past two years he has kind of lost his way. The sets (this one isn't a prime example but I'm talking club sets) seem to have become over-saturated with big vocals & needlessly long breakdowns. I guess in part it's due to my own personal changes in tastes but I just feel when seeing him live that his sets lack a bit of drive.

I agree entirely. I never used to like his style because his sets used to start far too slow, and it took him ages to get out of second gear - then around 2006/2007 time, he became really good. Early last year was my favourite phase where he played a lot of decent Tech-Trance.

Now, he's playing lots of tunes which have needless vocals. I've never been a huge vocal fan anyway apart from when they actually make the tune work. I hate tunes that just have a vocal slapped over them just for the sake of it - and these are the type that Armin is playing now. In my opinion, for every 3 or 4 instrumental tune, there should be 1 vocal tune - but Armin seems to have taken that the other way round.

Unfortunately, the world number 1 curse has struck again. Everyone that gets there seems to go backwards after that.

The only thing I like about Armin is that fact that he hasn't got big headed and arrogant about being world number 1 - he still plays clubs sets regularly, and he hasn't tripled his DJ fee. He's remained down to earth and you can see he still has the enthusiasm and loves his job. Unfortunately, Tiesto and PvD milked the number 1 DJ thing - turning down club gigs in favour of playing at the Olympics and huge concerts, putting their DJ fees through the roof and pricing many clubs out of booking them, and also becoming very arrogant with it - refusing to sign autographs during their set, etc.

I respect Armin as a DJ and person - but I don't rate his club sets too highly at the moment.

I really like the first track... Has anyone got any lyrics? :P

But it's a dub?! However I gather on the original mix the vocals are borrowed from an actual Gåte track called "Knut liten og Sylvelin".

I've always had a soft spot for a bit of Norwegian... I think they're great -_-

I recorded it onto my mp3 player and have listened to this mix 3 times (whilst working in the garden). l wasn't impressed the first time l listened to it as there were alot of tunes l hadn't heard before but after listening to them a few times l changed my mind and think it was a good mix.

Tunes that l liked;

Edited by Chrissie Brown