Bruno

Quadrant

Sasha Baren Cohen is a genius. I just hope he don't drag this Bruno character out too long like he did with Borat.

Borat was hilarious to start with, but then it dragged on and went crap and predictable. The movie was also very crap :(

I have to say I've never liked Borat or Ali G for that matter, but having watched the trailer for Brúno quite a few times now(i work in a cinema), I got to admit it looks quite hilarious. So I might actually go watch this if I can find some friend who is fresh :)

Definately well up for watching this!

Big fan of Baron Cohen's work and IMO, Ali G was the best character. So intelligent to think of so questions and he has a very good interviewing technique. The technique used to dupe them into interviews in the first place is always (for example), but how he landed the likes of Pat Buchanan and NASA is awesome.

I think this will be a good movie, but his Bruno character has always been sort of 3rd in line. He is not that well known even as a fan of Ali G shows, so I think this will definately be a better format than the Borat movie.

Whilst I never found Ali G very funny, my sense of humour has always appreciated the slightly abstract side of things I guess... and so I enjoyed some of the situations Borat would find himself in (even before the Borat movie was made) which were often just so utterly bizarre but yet brilliantly ridiculous.

I reckon this is worth a watch :)

He's a legend isn't he. I'm surprised there are people still gullable enough to take part in anything he does anymore

True, but he does it in such a way, that even the likes of here have sad (especially being fans of Baron Cohen himself) that this character slipped of the radar a little. He does it so that noone hardly knows anything about him or this character, plus the selection of the country itself has got to be calculated (e.g. Borats Kazakh and Austria, which compared to the USA and the average American's awareness, Austria isn't really up there).

As much as I am a fan, it can be difficult to watch too...

I have to say I've never liked Borat or Ali G for that matter, but having watched the trailer for Brúno quite a few times now(i work in a cinema), I got to admit it looks quite hilarious. So I might actually go watch this if I can find some friend who is fresh :)

Memememe take me!.. If you regard me as a friend that is ;)

I'm a big fan of Sacha Baron Cohen, I loved the Ali G show he did years ago. Even after going mainstream he manages to pull it off, no pun intended!

Hi! btw, I don't think I've posted here in a few years. I just wanted to check out the site again (yes, it's very boring at the office these days).

Keenster sir. I seem to remember you are a Danish legend who had a sterling knowledge of dance music, drum n bass too?

Another Bruno picture to keep it in topic:

brunoarnold2.jpg

Keenster sir. I seem to remember you are a Danish legend who had a sterling knowledge of dance music, drum n bass too?

Another Bruno picture to keep it in topic:

brunoarnold2.jpg

Hehe, well I don't know what Mr. Fuzzy has been saying, but I've been around more years than I care to admit, let's just say my 20's are extremely close to an end :boohoo:

Regarding dnb I've been playing jungle/dnb since '95. So I guess I am a bit of a legend in the danish dnb scene.

I've always had a big love for electronic music in general, so my tastes are very broad. I guess it was my meeting with UK hardcore (esp. Prodigy) in the early 90's which really sparked my interest.

If I can feel the music it doesn't really matter which genre it is. I do tend to go through periods where I'm into a specific style or sound. Atm I'm feeling a lot of the underground house music

which fusion dubstep, dnb, electro, techno, etc.. This style is where dnb once were, where everything is possible, and anything can happen. But even in this genre there's a lot of crap wobble, but

also a high risk of finding something that'll warm an old basshead like myself :wub:

Sorry to the thread starter btw.. Bruno! Yes I'm going to watch it the 9th of july!

Ok this thread is by you Quadrant, so no harm done then :)

Archived