Chicane - Poppiholla

Tremor

I'm gonna stick my neck on the chopping block here & say that I reckon this is quite possibly one of Chicane's finest moments ever. It's up there with Offshore & Salt**ter in my opinion...

This could well be this year's Pjanoo, even though I've grown quite bored of that one now due to extreme overplay! :lol:

I'm gonna stick my neck on the chopping block here & say that I reckon this is quite possibly one of Chicane's finest moments ever. It's up there with Offshore & Salt**ter in my opinion...

This could well be this year's Pjanoo, even though I've grown quite bored of that one now due to extreme overplay! :lol:

tbh mike i couldnt agree more, definatly top tunage.

love it so much, quite literally one of the best tunes of the year

haha classic. I have to agree mate. Heard this loads over the weekend and it certainly has all the right attributes to one of the summer's and year's biggest tunes. It will certainly be a commercial success with all the Radio 1 support. I will agree though this is one of Chicane's best tunes in my opinion... bar salt water and offshore.

haha classic. I have to agree mate. Heard this loads over the weekend and it certainly has all the right attributes to one of the summer's and year's biggest tunes. It will certainly be a commercial success with all the Radio 1 support. I will agree though this is one of Chicane's best tunes in my opinion... bar salt water and offshore.

salt water was ok, offshore is 1 of my fav songs ever

I think salt water grew on me over the years. I love the tomski vs disco citizens mix. Offshore was the original and best though. I came accross a copy on vinyl not too long ago in a 2nd hand shop in London... was only a couple of quid and in good condition.. was well chuffed.

The original 11-minute version of Salt-water is one of the greatest Trance classics!

Poppiholla is a great track, I really like the progressions - wasn't expecting the Deadmau5 sound after the breakdown but it works really well sir!

Worth a listen all the way through, gets better and better. Cheers Sir Tremor.... think you should be knighted.

First it took me a while to get used to, but I skipped to the middle and that piano melody! It's so weird to hear it because it's on TV a lot (that piano melody) and only yesterday I was asking mates where to find it when it came on an advert :lol: I'm well pleased you have checked this out now, thanks for posting :)

no worries.. I heard it a few times at the weekend. I think it was Nihal's weekend anthem on R1. It's a remake of a sigur ros track... but I'll be honest I dont know much about that band at all. My brother tells me their original version was used at the theme to one of those planet earth programs.. think it was actually Planet Earth he said. I looked up the sigur ros version for comparison and it is very clever how Chicane have used that piano as the main riff in this tune. Brilliant.

ahhh yeah Sigur Ros. A friend showed me some music by them and I have a few albums downloaded since. Came across a discography of downloads so I'm getting through them hoping to hear some nice tunes like that one. It's also used for the advert of ITV's video player (the equivalent of i-player)

I saw Chicane live, by accident at Global gathering it was fantastic until he played that Bryan Adams tune!!

Salt water always reminds me of Jules really making it to the top, but Offshore I LOVE the most! This one I am yet to decide as I was listening to it when I clicked reply so i haven't finished hearing it yet.

:)

Plus I thought it said Poly filler coz I can't find my glasses atm.

Edited by Number 2 fan

I think if the Sigur Ros piano solo wasn't in this I wouldn't like it, but I've wanted to hear it for so long, especially with being on tv a lot and not knowing who made it.

Number 2, a woman asked me when I started "have you got a wee?" and I was like "what, toilets?" "no no no, i need batteries for a wii, do you have one? i don't know what batteries they need - so do you have a wii?"

• 4 weeks later...

i really really like this. I missed this post, due to working loads recently. Obviously the Sigur Ros sample totally kills it and is very very beautiful. Personally, i think its a return to form for Chicane. Does anyone know where you can download it from? I havent seen it anywhere? More please Chicane.

It's widely available for download, mate.

It's in the top 10 of the charts - I think at number 7/8... In one respect it's good to see dance music being appreciated, but these days one a tune hits the charts, say bye-bye to it's appreciation and effect on you, which you had initially.