Putting tracks on cds

deansonline

We all do our mixes but does anyone ever wanna skip tracks? I do from time to time but find this impossible as its recorded as one continuous mix.

Does anybody know how you can do this

There's various free MP3 splitters that will alow you to set points where you wish to put track markers (try www.download.com) - then, when you've split the file up, you can burn a CD in Nero (or something similar) and choose the "disc at once" option (i'm pretty sure its that option) - and then it'll burn the mix without putting gaps in between each tune.

I hate having to plough through a mix to hear one particular bit. Track markers FTW!!

i actually do mine a bit differently, maybe a bit tedious, but gives me the upmost controll over it.

i open up my recorded mix file in bias peak (or any other audio editing program you use.

upto where i want my 1st track to end, i copy it from the beginning to where i want it to end, and then cut it to a new file, save it as track 1, then do the same for track 2 etc etc and repeat the process til i have all the files to fill my cd.

I would go about it this way, please see these three links:

Cue Sheets - click here

Splitting MP3's - click here

And finally a method that I use to play the acutal cue sheet in winamp using the single MP3, but have the tracks split out individually for you...

Winamp CUE Player - click here

Those three links we have exhaustively discussed and you can find many useful guides and tips in there. I'm loving Winamp even more now because it can also manage your iPod just like iTunes (not sure on iPhones, but would love it if someone could try).

If you're already happy with what you have done, Dean, no worries. However, would encourage you to check out those links at least FYI. If you have any other probs (or anyone else), just give us a shout ;)

Archived