Favourite Labels?

I'm not sure whether it's just me but these days it seems that pretty much anyone can setup a record label & begin putting out material, it also seems a tad elaborate that some labels have infinite amounts of sub-labels putting out vast quantities of material every week.

That being said there are still some labels which I'm instantly drawn to & feel like I can trust them to release quality 9 times out of 10. Just wondered what labels rank highly amongst fellow members?

Personally my favourites would be...

Plastik Park

68 Records

Baroque

Morrison Recs

Neuroscience & Neuroscience Deep

Coldharbour & Coldharbour Red

Electronic Elements

Anjuna Deep

Audio Therapy

I'm not sure whether it's just me but these days it seems that pretty much anyone can setup a record label & begin putting out material

Yeah, thats one of the downsides to the MP3 era. Every man and his dog owns a label, and unfortunately, the majority of them churn out crap that is poorly produced or full of average tunes that would never have been released in the vinyl days. Its frustrating ploughing through 30 tunes on each download site before you find the one gem that makes you think "wow, this is good".

I've gotta be honest, these days, I don't even pay much attention to what labels tunes are released on because there's too many around to remember. However, these are some of the labels that stand out for me for constantly churning out quality tune after quality tune:

High Contrast

Terminal 4

Discover

Discover Dark

Spinnin' Records

Reset Records

Liquid Records

Captivating Sounds

Theres no labels in particular this year I can say every release I've bought near enough,

I suppose Enhanced/Enhanced Progressive, Nueroscience/Deep I've ben buying more of recent, I don't know really.

I'm also one of these that buys a tune regardless of what label it's on, wheras I used to buy everything on Bonzai UK blind going back for example, quality can vary between release on labels I like one but the next ones just bland like.

The label on which a track is on doesn't have any influence on whether I buy it or not but I would say that if I see a recognised label featuring a new or unknown artist I'll be more inclined to listen to it if that label has previous releases which I like.

For example the latest release on Remy's 68 label was by Andreas Bergmann, he's not a guy I have checked out before but the fact it was on the 68 label encouraged me to listen & it turned out to be a cracking EP.

Edited by TomBailey

I used to buy everything on Bonzai UK

Yeah, I was the same. There weresn't many labels that you could trust to deliver tune after tune, but Bonzai was one of the very few that you could rely on time and time again.

Data was another before it went cheesy, as were BXR, IDJ and Nukleuz Green. F8T was also a superb label.

Closet was also superb. Incentive could be really good, but it also had a few cheesy tunes that spoilt it.

The label on which a track is on doesn't have any influence on whether I buy it or not but I would say that if I see a recognised label featuring a new or unknown artist I'll be more inclined to listen to it if that label has previous releases which I like.

For example the latest release on Remy's 68 label was by Andreas Bergmann, he's not a guy I have checked out before but the fact it was on the 68 label encouraged me to listen & it turned out to be a cracking EP.

I am the same mate, would never buy a track because of the label but I would make a point of listening to all their releases because you trust them to deliver which I wouldn't with other labels.

Defected

Azuli

Pryda

Ovum

Spinnin

Bptich Control

Rekids

CR2

Back in the day, i used to buy everything on Nukleuz Green. They were so consistent when they had the BXR hookup. Neo was another good, solid consistent label.

Edited by Moonman