CDJShop shut down....

Simcut

Bloody hell, just been told that CDJShop has shut down....

Their website doesnt exist anymore.....and has this message:-

CDJshop announcement

Regrettably, we have had to take the decision to close CDJshop. Although the shop was seeing significant sales, these were not sufficient enough to consistently meet the high running costs. Any orders that have not been received by customers will be refunded. We would like to thank everyone who supported the store and will make an announcement as soon as we know our plans regarding the future direct sales of Anjunabeats music.

Big shock that one.... :/ not good.

I don't think it ever really took off in the way it was intended really. They tried to offer dance tunes with every remix all bundled together on a CD for around a fiver - but in reality, these days, people are quite happy to just download the one mix of a tune that they're going to play on MP3 for £1.50.

Its very very rare that I play two different remixes of one tune - so I wouldn't spend a fiver for all the mixes when i'm only going to play one.

They're clothing, etc was a bit overpriced - so they lost out there too.

I'm not overly surprised that its closed down - although I thought it would have 'wound down' slowly with sales, etc rather than a sudden shutdown.

Saw this posted on the anjuna board in the last few days, it was a decent place to pick up anjuna promo mp3s last year but as soon as they started the hook-up with beatport it looked grim for them. The reward points scheme was pretty good but other than that i don't think it'll be sorely missed.

I never brought any of the promo CDs from there & know of very few people who did aside from the odd anjuna fan-boy

See the problem is weather theres two versions or five ion the disc they charged the same, sometimes even a 1 tracker the same price too!

It doesnt bother me much at all, I buy from dj download 90% of the time now.

Also a tiesto branded t shirt for 35 quid! bogger that!

I used to buy quite a few of promo's off of them, Problem they had was sending me too many copies of various tracks, Maybe I was ordering too many pre-orders Cd's but of one promo I think over the course of a month i was sent about 4 copies :wacko: This would not have helped to there downfall I guess! I'd mail them about it but had no reply!

Also a tiesto branded t shirt for 35 quid! bogger that!

This was their problem really - massively over pricing on merchandise, which put people off - and then selling CD's with loads of remixes of the same tunes that nobody really wanted to buy. If you put people off the two main products that the site was set up for, then its doomed for failure.

Archived