What's the most you've spent on a vinyl?

Judge Mental

I blew my biggest buy out the water on Friday night at an afterparty, bought this for a whopping £70, spur of the moment type thing.

http://www.discogs.com/release/346183

Thing is, its absolutely spotless, and even still has the fake acid blotter paper.

Highest price before that was £27 for this peach, which is probably worth a lot more than £27 now! http://www.discogs.com/Global-Communication-The-Way-The-Deep/release/60087

Hmmmmmmmm I dunno and I am surprised at JM what with being Scottish aswell. I probably wouldn't go to £70 I'd be thinking of all the other things I could do with £70. I think I'd only go up to £30 these days for a tune I had always wanted.

He he ;)

I like it when a record you bought becomes valuable, as a teenager I bought some Depeche Mode etched discs, some picture discs of various artists, limited edition remixes, coloured vinyl etc. I remember buying a copy of Record Collector when I was about 16 (1991 ish) and adding up the values, but of course I couldn't sell any anyway. I love them al too much. TBH I didn't really think vinyl had that much value these days, what with being able to download just about everything now. Is there a record collector website for valuations etc.

Rather annoyingly, I had my old schoolfriend to stay last week, and we were joking at how we'd both bought this limited edition and she'd left it at my house so I played hers and left mine untouched, lolol, I say annoyingly coz then she said when she left her husband a couple of years ago, she couldn't take her records with her, and gave them al to the charity shop. ARGH!!!! I would have gladly taken them off her hands, but no it's only the old Bros fans who bring me their old records!! Grrr!

How much for the 12" original of FGTH - Relax now I wonder?

Archived