The Top 100 PRODUCERS poll

Briggsy

OK, so its top 100 DJ's time, where everyone is supposed to vote for their favourite DJ's, but actually vote for producers anyway, which is usually why the top 100 chart is usually full of good producers that are crap DJs.

Anyway, I thought i'd create a thread where people can vote for their favourite PRODUCERS rather than DJs - so here goes. Which producers are doing it for you right now?:

1. Cosmic Gate - these guys have been the most consistent around over the past few years. Not only that, but these guys have changed their sound over the years to keep up with the changing scene - yet they've still been good. Some producers change their sound, and then they go all crap and vanish off the face of the earth.

2. Paul Webster - One of the best producers to break through over the last few years. Its very rare for me to buy nearly every tune that an artist has produced - but Paul Webster is one of those exceptions.

3. Bryan Kearney - very under-rated, both as a DJ and producer. His style is very unique, and whereas most Trance DJ's and producers are slowing down the BPM and playing much softer, he'd defying all of that and still churning out 142bpm bosh. He also gives away a lot of his work for free - proving that he loves the scene and isn't just in it for the money.

4. Simon Patterson - Another artist that is defying the 'slow it down, calm it down' trend at the moment by producing everything at 140+bpm - and every production that he releases is better than the previous one. One of the very few producers that can combine big melodic breakdowns, with pounding basslines. As a DJ, he's superb too. One of the very few, genuinely good all round, producer-DJs.

5. Markus Schulz - Although I rarely play any of his productions because they're too slow for the kind of sets I play, I like nearly everything he's done. New World was genius, Fly To Colors was genius - and his Dakota guise is even better. As for his "Big Room Reconstructions" that never get released, well that majority of those are awesome too. Also, considering he's been around for ages, he still loves what he does - I had the pleasure of meeting him at Sasazu in Prague a few months ago because my mate knows him, and he's unbelievably down to earth. He never stops talking about music.

Unfortunately, John O'Callaghan has lost his way a bit since he's switched to Armada, so he's lost out this year despite being my favourite in previous years. Richard Durand has also gone downhill lately - so he misses out too. Marcel Woods has done some superb tunes - but there's been a few poor ones sandwiched between, so his consistency has been a problem over the last 12 months.

Erm... good question..I dunno really

Rex Mundi I'm still annoyed the ibiza drive mix of ibiza sunrise/set/midnight din dins wasnt released, regardless, top notch tune after tune

Danny Howells consistently quality release on his Dig Deeper label

Dakota (Schulz) Top album, every tracks excellent

Cant really pinpoint anyone else

1. Mac & Taylor; Their productions are so uplifting, but quite hard aswell.

2. Will Bailey; Reminds me of my old Speed Garage days. He's got the bass, though i did prefer his Twocker stuff.

3. Wippenburg; Funk.

4. Prydz; Still got it.

5. Fake Blood; interesting style. I like it.

01. Eric Prydz

The guy is an absolute genius, think I've played pretty much everything he's released these past two years & he shows no signs of slowing down. The new Pryda EP out today is fantastic & the Cirez D stuff this year is mind-blowing.

02. Jerome Isma-ae

Endless supply of quality & keeps churning out good stuff without it becomming stale.

03. Russell G

I know Russ reasonably well (as he's from my neck of the woods) but regardless of that he's been amazing this year, his work with Steve Haines is fantastic & I'd say he's probably been my most playlisted producer.

04. Markus Schulz

Not too keen on his latest release but the Dakota stuff is exceptional.

05. Blake Jarrell

He's come on so much as a producer in the past couple of years & everything he's done so far in 2009 has been terrific.

Looking back through the years tune on my hardrive, i'd have to say Will Atkinson would be up there too, (Phoenix remix, Cut Off remix, Cloud Surfing, Loop Noir remix, Enough Is Enough, Unbreakable remix) hows that for consitency?

I agree with that, in fact I actually was thinking that to myself today whilst doing something totaly unrelated I thought of a tune he'd done and that's what made me think it. I think the tune was 'can't keep me silent' But I may have that wrong! :thumbsup:

That was Date, Jules and Amanda as Angelic - so kinda Darren Tate.

'Orien' was a good Darren Tate tune - I loved that at the time. Its a tad cheesy now though :D

Yeah, I think Tate probably had most influence on the tune though, lol

Other than agreeing with what everyone else is saying, I don't have anyone prolific in mind these days.

Archived