David Guetta - When Love Takes Over vs Coldplay - Clocks

Briggsy

Ever since I first heard David Guetta - Love Takes Over, the piano melody has reminded me of something - but i've never been quite sute what and thought I must have been imagining it - but its suddenly come to me after weeks. Take a listen to the piano melody in Clocks, and then listen to the piano melody in When Love Takes Over. Hmmmmm very similar!!

The only difference is, they're in a completely different key - but apart from that, they're very similar I reckon. What do you think?

yeah someone pointed this out to me a while back. Either way, its one of the worst records i've heard all year. What has happened to Guetta? When he first appeared he making some good tunes, and the Wally Lopez mix of "Just a little more love" is still great. Sad thing, i think Guetta should have renamed "When Love Takes Over" to "When Money Takes Over"....And whats with the track with Akon? :confused:

To be fair though, the money David Guetta makes from his commercial tunes probably funds the more 'serious' tunes - plus it keeps him in the spotlight.

Eric Prydz did call on me, and that boosted his profile straight away and got him international recognition. Since then, his tunes have been more underground, he's become a respected DJ - but he's still in the spotlight and well known by all.

DJ Sammy is similar - I was talked into seeing him at BCM in Majorca, and I expected a proper cheesefest of 'Heaven' all night - but his DJ'ing style is nothing like his productions. His club sets are actually quite deep, dark and underground if that set was anything to go buy. The cheesy productions must just be done to help keep him high profile.

yeah someone pointed this out to me a while back. Either way, its one of the worst records i've heard all year. What has happened to Guetta?

Thank god for that, I heard people raving about this tune and I thought "OMG what a pile of shi*e" It's awful, I was actually going to post it myself on here, and thought that this post was gonna say as much.

I don't know what tune I am supposed to be comparing it to?

Eric Prydz did call on me, and that boosted his profile straight away and got him international recognition. Since then, his tunes have been more underground, he's become a respected DJ - but he's still in the spotlight and well known by all.

I dont think though (and i'm sure he's said it somewhere) that he made or intended it to be a number 1 hit. Wasn't it a rejected remix for DJ Falcon & Thomas Banglater originally? (they originally did the track, but Roule Records didnt get sample clearance - again!). Data obviously saw the potenital and licensed Prydz version. Whack out a video with quite and attractive broad (with a great ass may i add ;))and, as Guetta would say, Et Voila! a number one hit reocrd.

• 3 weeks later...

I was listening to Guetta set from Creamfields on Radio 1 friday night and heard this, and i have to say, i was blown away by the reaction it got. So much to say this is one of those records that belong in the "records you hated but grew to like" thread.

Archived