Derren Brown

bigsteve

Yes very amusing!! lol

I am actually a big Derren Brown fan, and love his work, I've seen him live and read the book etc etc, obviously you cannot predict the lotto numbers, I definitely can't, I done the lottery since it began up until about a year ago, when I suddenly thought 'look I never win, I haven't even got a spare pound this week, give it up' and yes, 5 of my regular numbers came up!!! That was something I did predict.

Anyway, thanx to Derren I gave up smoking and that saved me more money than I will ever win on the lottery!!

Derrens cool! Love him! :thumbsup:

How could you say he was 'cool' after last night's shambles? He said he would reveal how he did it last night. He managed to fill an hour of prime time TV with utter crap about gathering 24 'actors' to jointly predict the numbers. Why didn't he show the numbers they had predicted? It was TV camera trickery. End of. Why couldn't he just admit that?

LOLOLMFAO what you watched it thinking you'd be able to predict the lottery numbers after the show did you?? :rolleyes:

Ha ha!!

I watched it for an hours entertainment and that's what I got.

Btw I don't think they were actors, I think they actually believed they had predicted the lotto numbers too!! It's just mind games and the power of the mind, all of which I find extremely interesting...

Hence I think Derren Brown is cool, and I still wont be doing the lotto tonight.

IF he had shown a way of predicted the randomness of the lotto machine, everyone would do it tonight and the jackpot would have to be shared amongst a couple of million people anyway and wouldn't be worth winning.

Like he said, if you are a middle aged man, with a lotto ticket, you have more chance of DYING in the hour before the draw than you have of actually winning it!!!

Nothing beats his "Heist" trick some years ago, where he brainwashed a couple of law-abiding members of the public to spontaneously commit armed robbery on a Securicor van when the perfect opportunity arose. Did anyone see that?

I think one guy out of 4 resisted as he saw it was a set-up, but the other 3 raided the van and then couldn't explain why they did it afterwards, it was fascinating, a pure mind-f***. I'm going to find it now on youtube actually......

I saw it. It was great, but I also loved Messiah, and Seance, all showing how we allow ourselves to be fooled by our own frames of mind. Isn't that what he was getting at with the lotto stunt?

The comments under this vid amused me too.

Do you know, you can hypnotise people into feeling the effects of recreational drugs including alcohol without actually having to do them, or break the law, spend any money etc. That's gonna make you friends in Uni...

many people think he couldnt of predicted the numbers before the show, but fact of the matter is he could predicted them upto an hour before, shown them the cameras and said heres whats going to come up tonight. end of the day the draw on lottery night shuts at 6 think.....alot of camera trickery involved me thinks

The power of positive thinking is something this board could do with, if you ask me... ;)

Number 2, I'm with you all the way here. People frustrated and angry at his not "predicting the lottery" but come on, what did you expect! Part of of the fun is seeing the unbelievable, playing with your mind because you can't understand how it works - I love it!!

Take a step back guys, and appreciate how clever this all is. The reactions prove it... -_-

It will have been good for Channel 4 ratings though at least ... it will have pulled loads more people to Channel 4 to see the draw rather than watch it on BBC whether people had tickets or not. I thought it was pretty cool to see, but when he says he's gonna reveal the secret you just know it's not as easy as he makes it sound. Take that horse racing one for example, all the effort and time to prepare for it :rolleyes:

Yeah, I didn't see much of it, but on the whole, it seems that most people thought it was a lot of crap and he's lost a lot of creditability for it.

Rubbish, look what its done to people. He could have said the numbers fell onto his board from a bird s*** in the sky and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference.

The next time he does something I bet even more people watch it than this, mission accomplished.

Its not about credibility, its about viewers, and he's certainly got them.

Geeeenius publicity stunt right after a failing Big Brother finished, well in Channel 4. The fact no one knows how he done it is even better, people still trying to work it out for a good while after is better than finding out the solution then forgetting about it!

Brown wins!