Good old Australia

Number2Fan

stupid prices for this mineral water tripe, I agree with ya

What annoys me is that mineral water is so expensive here, yet when you go abroad, it costs peanuts for the same stuff.

A bottle of mineral water here costs about 70p for a half litre bottle. In Majorca, I paid 50 cents (about 37p) for 5 litres!!

When I go clubbing, I pay about £3 for a bottle of water - yet when I went to see Markus Schulz is Prague in June, I was paying something like 40p! Ridiculous.

Don't forget, you are NOT supposed to drink Spanish tap water, where as here, you can. So firstly they are hardly gonna be able to charge a bomb for ordinary bottled table water in Spanish supermarkets, and secondly JUST DON'T BUY IT HERE!!!! You don't need too. <_<

Don't forget, you are NOT supposed to drink Spanish tap water, where as here, you can. So firstly they are hardly gonna be able to charge a bomb for ordinary bottled table water in Spanish supermarkets, and secondly JUST DON'T BUY IT HERE!!!! You don't need too. <_<

The point is, if they can afford to sell it there for that price, then they can here - its just another example of rip-off Britian.

I drink tap water here anyway - it don't bother me. My dad won't touch it though because he used to work for the water board and has seen just how unclean our clean looking tap water actually is.

The point is, if they can afford to sell it there for that price, then they can here - its just another example of rip-off Britian.

I drink tap water here anyway - it don't bother me. My dad won't touch it though because he used to work for the water board and has seen just how unclean our clean looking tap water actually is.

He he I don't suppose it's too much better in the Evian (peckham springs) bottling plant! I live in a town that is only here because an amazing fresh water spring was discovered here that had health benefits for anybody who drank it, and so rich people 400 yrs ago began to visit from London just to drink from the spa, must have been some truth to it too, as the woman who lived near to it and dipped a cup in for the lordies to sip from lived to over 100 yrs old, and that's was no mean feat back then. It's still there, and looks rank and brown and full of rust, but my tap water is fine. Especially boiled up for tea, or to cook off my mashed potatoes.

He he I don't suppose it's too much better in the Evian (peckham springs) bottling plant! I live in a town that is only here because an amazing fresh water spring was discovered here that had health benefits for anybody who drank it, and so rich people 400 yrs ago began to visit from London just to drink from the spa, must have been some truth to it too, as the woman who lived near to it and dipped a cup in for the lordies to sip from lived to over 100 yrs old, and that's was no mean feat back then. It's still there, and looks rank and brown and full of rust, but my tap water is fine. Especially boiled up for tea, or to cook off my mashed potatoes.

I've tasted tap water in Cardiff, London, Newcastle, Reading, Liverpool and Edinburgh, and f*** me, Glasgow tap water wins by miles. I don't know why in the slightest, but it really is good.

Well, 20 miles outside of Glasgow.

During the Middle Ages, people drew water from streams or wells or even man-made canals, ditches, rain barrels or cisterns. This was often a daily chore made easy since all towns were constructed near at least one significant water source. Grand city churches often had large cisterns at their entrances or in adjacent baptistries in which people might wash their face and hands. Most water was drawn since ancient technologies such as aqueducts were poorly understood or utilized though irrigation was practiced for such things as crops and gardening. Bathing was not particularly practiced since water heating proved expensive save for the rich, and often people drank alcoholic beverages to slake their thirst, such as ales, meads, wines and later, beer, and water, when drunk, might be sweetened by adding honey. :)

Archived